• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR - Trainee Train Driver (Talent Pool) - Bristol/Westbury (27/02/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Deea

So sorry to hear Deea. Guess we will will all start to find out our fate.

What's gutting is you don't get feedback to know what it was that didn't make the next stage (predicted distance, experience etc)
Yes they said they can’t provide feedback, I’m guessing my past experiences were not enough, I’m not mad though. A door closes another opens so looking forward to see what life has in store for me good luck everyone. If you haven’t heard anything back yet then you’re still in the race ❤️

LKS

Yes they said they can’t provide feedback, I’m guessing my past experiences were not enough, I’m not mad though. A door closes another opens so looking forward to see what life has in store for me good luck everyone. If you haven’t heard anything back yet then you’re still in the race ❤️

❤️

MrPointment

I'm surprised there hasn't been more news of people getting the knock back so far. After the two last week that announced, I thought there would be a flurry of them this week. Still nervously checking my emails every 10 minutes :lol:

mattymat

I'm surprised there hasn't been more news of people getting the knock back so far. After the two last week that announced, I thought there would be a flurry of them this week. Still nervously checking my emails every 10 minutes :lol:
Maybe people just aren’t announcing it

Hooker11

If it wasn’t for someone I knew, I wouldn’t know this forum existed .. possibly the same??
I'm surprised there hasn't been more news of people getting the knock back so far. After the two last week that announced, I thought there would be a flurry of them this week. Still nervously checking my emails every 10 minutes

eastersunday

Anyone hear anything yet
No but you need to be more patient, rail recruitment is slow and takes time. It could be a couple more months before you hear anything, asking every single week isn't going to make any difference. I'm sure when someone does hear something, they'll post about it without having to be asked. Patience is key!

Diedinium

I just got an email saying I was unsuccessful, so yeah, those who haven't heard anything more after this point are probably still in the running.

Good luck to you all.

bcfc171081

Reading between the lines it’s better to get another role within the railway at a TOC or FOC then try when they advertise internally

incognito

Did anyone not complete the report test and still pass? My bloody pen ran out of ink on both pens lol so i missed the last sentence. Think i done well on all other tests tho!

MrPointment

I just got an email saying I was unsuccessful, so yeah, those who haven't heard anything more after this point are probably still in the running.

Good luck to you all.
Sorry to hear that. Thanks for letting us know that things are still happening though. It seemed to have gone very quiet. Unfortunately they're still at the rejecting people stage so none of us are out of the woods yet.

Reading between the lines it’s better to get another role within the railway at a TOC or FOC then try when they advertise internally
On this thread on 28th Feb a guy who seemingly works at GWR said they binned 99% of internal applications for this vacancy. Doesn't sound to me like being on the inside does you many favours.

LKS

Good luck to you all.
Sorry to hear :(

Did anyone not complete the report test and still pass? My bloody pen ran out of ink on both pens lol so i missed the last sentence. Think i done well on all other tests tho!
Have you been to an assessment center?

incognito

just day one. if pass paper then onto computer. You get results within a week. Just that first report test is playing on my mind. Annoyingly

LKS

I applied and failed in 2012 at assessment centre day 1, and I remember after going over everything. It's a daunting time so I know how you feel.

Keeping fingers crossed for you :)

incognito

I applied and failed in 2012 at assessment centre day 1, and I remember after going over everything. It's a daunting time so I know how you feel.

Keeping fingers crossed for you :)
well if they fail me for missing one sentence then I guess it's pretty harsh. but we will see.

Haru

Was this the Written commutation test? I seem to remember this wasn’t a pass or fail?

387star

On Moderation
Sorry to hear that. Thanks for letting us know that things are still happening though. It seemed to have gone very quiet. Unfortunately they're still at the rejecting people stage so none of us are out of the woods yet.

On this thread on 28th Feb a guy who seemingly works at GWR said they binned 99% of internal applications for this vacancy. Doesn't sound to me like being on the inside does you many favours.
A very precise estimate. How would they know?

MrPointment

A very precise estimate. How would they know?
I'm sure 99% was just a figure of speech. Presumably, since the guy in question wrote like he works at GWR, he probably mingles with a lot of people who applied as internals and may have heard from them that their applications were rejected.

387star

On Moderation
I'm sure 99% was just a figure of speech. Presumably, since the guy in question wrote like he works at GWR, he probably mingles with a lot of people who applied as internals and may have heard from them that their applications were rejected.
Oddly gwr force internals to sit fresh interviews if they apply for other depots

In contrast gtr were great. I hadn't even passed a sift. I simply sent an email saying I'd passed the assessments and within days had an interview! Despite applying for london depots I was taken on at an outer london depot and didn't need to reapply for the depot in question

It's ironic passing an interview and watching unsuccessful applicants jump ahead of you after passing with another toc/depot. Good for them but it makes a mockery of the process.

MrPointment

Just got the unsuccessful email from GWR. No reason given. At least the wait for news is over. Fortunately still in the running for Freightliner, so can focus on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.