• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Has anyone here ever braved the N9 to the Airport?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
No matter how reliable the buses are, always drive or get a taxi when catching flights.
I usually allow plenty of time in case there's a problem with transport, but I usually get to airports by bus, train or tube. The exception is Manchester as the rail route from my house requires a bus then two changes of train (the first train heading in almost the wrong direction) with the second being reduced to hourly and prone to cancellation.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

P Binnersley

I think you can get dropped off at Hatton Cross and avoid the £5. You can then catch the free H30 Bus (every 20 min) which links Hatton Cross with T4, T5 & T2/3 when the Underground is closed.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
lf you’re flying from Terminal 5 then get dropped off at Pod Parking, you can just walk around the barriers. l have been dropped off myself and also dropped others off here with no problem. This location is outside the £5 drop off zone.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
lf you’re flying from Terminal 5 then get dropped off at Pod Parking, you can just walk around the barriers. l have been dropped off myself and also dropped others off here with no problem. This location is outside the £5 drop off zone.

The OP has already said their minicab firm won't drop off at a long stay car park. Which sounds like a good reason to use someone else.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
The OP has already said their minicab firm won't drop off at a long stay car park. Which sounds like a good reason to use someone else.
They said “the long stay car park”
which is the official drop off point to avoid the £5 fee. Whilst Pod parking is Longstay they may want to try it.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
They said “the long stay car park”
which is the official drop off point to avoid the £5 fee. Whilst Pod parking is Longstay they may want to try it.

They did, but I'd be surprised if they wouldn't drop at the official one, but would an unofficial one. May be worth asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.