• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Has this ballast at Moulsecoomb had it?

1Q18

Some photos from twitter of the flooding at Moulscoome today, although probably not as big as some other parts of the network

I post this though because the condition of the ballast is crap. I've reported this to NR in the last and possibly posted pictures on here before, - ah yes I have - 2 years ago, weedy compacted, and likely poor draining ballast :

So it's hardly surprising the track has flooded.

Relieving to know that fares will be increasing soon, we can all look forward to these increases going into helping prevent these sorts of things.....
Network Rail will be well aware of the ballast condition. Basic visual inspection of the line is carried out four-weekly by Plain Line Pattern Recognition trains (which will also flag up any track geometry faults arising from the compacted ballast), with boots-on-the-ground supervisor track inspections taking place at less frequent intervals. Having the maintenance resources to deal with all of these jobs is the issue.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums