• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hastings Thumper 1001

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

table38

Established Member
It looked very nice.

You can just about spot some fat bloke stood at the end of Platform 6 in your video, that would be me :)

Anyway I know which of these I'd rather spend 4 hours sat in:

IMAG1312l.jpg

IMAG1318l.jpg

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Some pretty impressive running up the WCML this afternoon. Crewe to Rugby in about an hour and ten !

table38

Established Member
Some pretty impressive running up the WCML this afternoon. Crewe to Rugby in about an hour and ten !

It appeared about 10 mins early, but then sat on the down slow outside the station. There was already a 153 in Platform 4 so it waited for that to leave, plus a Manchester Pendo to pass it.

They'd sent the timings out to everyone on the Hastings Diesels email list earlier this week, so I did wonder for a minute if I'd booked on it and forgotten! Sadly not :(

yorksrob

Veteran Member
It appeared about 10 mins early, but then sat on the down slow outside the station. There was already a 153 in Platform 4 so it waited for that to leave, plus a Manchester Pendo to pass it.

They'd sent the timings out to everyone on the Hastings Diesels email list earlier this week, so I did wonder for a minute if I'd booked on it and forgotten! Sadly not :(

Yes, we did have to wait a bit to come in. I think this is the farthest North I've ever been on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.