• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Have Marlow trains been running today ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamiescott1

Today I planned to take the 0606 train from marlow to bourne end, changing at bourne end for maidenhead.
The gwr app showed all trains from marlow and bourne end as delayed (no expected departure time, just delayed) so I cycled to maidenhead.
Upon my arrival at maidenhead Station the supposedly (still showing as) delayed train from BE arrived at maidenhead on time.

I've since checked the gwr app for live departures from marlow which is still showing all services from 0606 onwards as delayed.
Checked Real train times and its showing all departures from marlow departed on time (and future services scheduled on time)

Did this mornings services run or not ?
(Could I of saved myself a 13km bike ride)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Future

Today I planned to take the 0606 train from marlow to bourne end, changing at bourne end for maidenhead.
The gwr app showed all trains from marlow and bourne end as delayed (no expected departure time, just delayed) so I cycled to maidenhead.
Upon my arrival at maidenhead Station the supposedly (still showing as) delayed train from BE arrived at maidenhead on time.

I've since checked the gwr app for live departures from marlow which is still showing all services from 0606 onwards as delayed.
Checked Real train times and its showing all departures from marlow departed on time (and future services scheduled on time)

Did this mornings services run or not ?
(Could I of saved myself a 13km bike ride)
06:06 from Marlow did indeed run today, but it’s always good to get some exercise in!

Jamiescott1

06:06 from Marlow did indeed run today, but it’s always good to get some exercise in!
My cycle between marlow and maidenhead is quicker than taking the train.

App still showing all future departures delayed

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
That sounds like there must be some sort of error on GWR's data feed.

louis97

Established Member
More than that, Darwin isn't taking in TRUST data it seems. This is effecting the whole country, so any expected train running reports fulfilled by TRUST report will cause "delayed" to appear. The Marlow branch is disproportionately effected because of the signalling setup. Have a look at Realtime Trains and you can see the missing TRUST reports.

RichA

I’ve just caught a train From Inverness Airport towards Aberdeen and all trains there showing delayed “Due to a nationwide system problem”, my train turned up on time.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Fair enough! I don't routinely go around checking real time information from across the country so wasn't aware it was a national problem! :lol:

PsychoMouse

Yeah all of C2C's Darwin data is still not working, some issues on GWR out of PAD, and in the midlands too from what I've seen.

Jamiescott1

Would of been nice of train companies to report this.
Nothing on the app, twitter or the website service information about this

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Yeah all of C2C's Darwin data is still not working, some issues on GWR out of PAD, and in the midlands too from what I've seen.

Yeah it's a TRUST issue. In certain areas which is more reliant on manual inputting this will be more of a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.