• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Have Southern updated their Public Information Systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSTChris

Hello.

I have noticed recently that Southern have updated their Public Information Systems, and they now say about purchasing tickets online for 40% off after "The next station is..." has scrolled past.

On 377164 at Victoria yesterday, I saw my train displaying the coach number in a very strange way. Is this another update?

Here is the video I took:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrXCuHRCzuY

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Fincra5

Established Member
It has been like that for a while :) Just a bit of advertising instead of just "The Next Station is..." & "this is coach number.. of..". They also scroll "Please be considerate to your fellow passengers....." alternating with the Advert.

I think the number thing is just a bug every now and then with the computer. Sometimes one end can be scrolling normally and the other can just say "Electrostar".

asylumxl

Established Member
I think the number thing is just a bug every now and then with the computer. Sometimes one end can be scrolling normally and the other can just say "Electrostar".

As opposed to the FCC Electrostars at St Pancras which once reset just display Electrostar for 20 miles, all the way to St Albans :lol:. It leads to alot of confused passengers.

Pumbaa

Established Member
Is that because St Albans is the first stop after the reset? They do that still on the WLL, but first stop in both directions isn't far. It just comes back on normal once you arrive at Wembley or Shepherds Bush.

class377man

Heard something like "Please have your tickets and passes ready. A ticket inspection is about to take place" for the first time last week.

MCR247

Established Member
Is that because St Albans is the first stop after the reset? They do that still on the WLL, but first stop in both directions isn't far. It just comes back on normal once you arrive at Wembley or Shepherds Bush.

The PIS stays on 350s

asylumxl

Established Member

Yes. But 20 miles and around 30 minutes isn't very close to "approaching" :).

MCR247

Established Member
Fine:
The PIS on /1s when changing voltage stays on, on any route that requires it to, not just WLL

jon0844

Veteran Member
As opposed to the FCC Electrostars at St Pancras which once reset just display Electrostar for 20 miles, all the way to St Albans :lol:. It leads to alot of confused passengers.

Well, in reverse I noticed that it says (audio and visual) the train is approaching St Pancras pretty much as soon as it leaves St Albans!

It then repeats it on the display over and over all the way to St Pancras!

jon0844

Veteran Member
FCC said last week they are aware of this and awaiting a software fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.