• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Help with identifying this plaque.

Simonrammy

Hi all hope someone can help identify thus plaque please. Im sure I've seen this online before but cannot find anything. Any help much appreciated.

I thought it was something like an unofficial plaque for a depot or wagon works. I think the moustache looking parts are leafs possibly oak? and the 5x5 square possibly steel related?

Cheers
Simon

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-02-27-14-56-30-745_com.ebay.mobile-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-02-27-14-56-30-745_com.ebay.mobile-edit.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 106
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DaleCooper

Established Member
Hi all hope someone can help identify thus plaque please. Im sure I've seen this online before but cannot find anything. Any help much appreciated.

I thought it was something like an unofficial plaque for a depot or wagon works. I think the moustache looking parts are leafs possibly oak? and the 5x5 square possibly steel related?

Cheers
Simon
I don't see any resemblance to oak leaves and the square looks more like a floor tile than anything steel related, I suspect it's just an abstract design. It appears to have been on eBay, what did the listing say about it?

Simonrammy

I don't see any resemblance to oak leaves and the square looks more like a floor tile than anything steel related, I suspect it's just an abstract design. It appears to have been on eBay, what did the listing say about it?
They don't resemble much tbh top lip tickers and a slice of toffee tablet, leafs or feathers and a office block the list goes on... There is a steel works that has oak trees and I thought this was on the right track (pardon the pun) but nothing as yet. I've seen another before maybe a year or so ago and thought I'd saved the info in it but alas I cannot now find it. When I did read the article I remember thinking it was a stretch to imagine them as what they were supposed to be.

What I can remember is It was a small wagon depot or industrial site with the railway connection that was made locally by the employees. Just though someone on here might have seen similar or recognised the shapes.

It was from a railway estate collector that being sold off but no other info than that. I like a bit of a mystery and it was cheap enough so I bought it.