• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Help with Telegraph story PLEASE....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Traveloguer

Hi there

I have just written a book about commuting and commuters in London - see the link below - and am writing some newspaper articles around the subject.

The Daily Telegraph (for which I work a lot) has a new website for male readers and I want to do something about rail enthusiasts.

Can you help me to find 3-4 enthusiasts to talk to - people actively engaged in the activity at stations, ideally in London and its suburbs?

Thanks for your help

All the best, Traveloguer

http://books.telegraph.co.uk/BerteShopWeb/customPage.do?CMSFragment=BookshopCorner.jsp

Most people probably want to forget their commuting life – why write a book about it?
But the commuter is the forgotten hero, the Everyman of our time. I once saw a tired looking chap in his sixties at Waterloo. It was rush hour. He looked broken, his skin was grey. He’d missed his train. I thought: he’s a life-long commuter. What a hero! The books dedicated to people like him. I expect most readers will dip into Smoothly from Harrow on their commutes, but I do like the idea of someone reading it in bed, and dreaming about commuting. Trains and dreams go together

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

telstarbox

Established Member
For starters, go to the far end of the platforms at London Bridge or Clapham Junction and you should find some rail photographers there.

Status
Not open for further replies.