• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hidden world of Manchester Victoria

Status
Not open for further replies.

driver9000

Established Member
While looking for something on google I found this little collection of photographs:

http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:...t+142059+underground&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3&gl=uk

These were taken in the undercroft of Manchester Victoria, there is even a photograph of the nigh on mythical remaining cab front of 142059s undamaged vehicle. Some of you will know of 142059s misfortune in 1991 when it ran away down the hill between EdgeHill and Liverpool Lime St and ploughed through the buffer stops.

I wonder what other hidden treasures are lurking beneath our railway stations?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sir_Clagalot

slightly OT but look at www.28dayslater.co.uk The forums are closed for postings, but go to the 'Underground' Section, there are loads of old Tunnels that have been explored and photographed. Some stunning shots too...

Demps

I dont use 28dayslater, havent for sometime, but i do remember a load of guys discussing this...and the 142, there was some recce photos on aswell if i remember correctly (strangely for 28dl aswell) not of the 142, thats still a mystery as far as i know.

Its more than likely people have got in and done it.

Sorry got confused with something else. Yes i do remember that, there is alot more of a underworld to manchester than you would imagine.

adamp

Wow thats really interesting to know! Being a passenger nearly every day there, I always wonder what else is in (or under in this case) the station.

Cheers for bringing that topic to our attention :D

I've been to the basements of Aire Street under Leeds station, there's a few stuff lying around, mainly p-way items such as stop boards, detonators, flags, hi-vis, sand and adhesive spraying guns.

we were looking around and I came across a set of promo shots of the new Leeds station, they were probably put in ticket offices as they are of a large poster size and seem to show off the new station.

So they now hang in my bedroom :)

Just goes to show what you can find where other people don't look!

P156KWJ

Established Member
tis amazing what you can find when you look above ground too - just down from Nottingham station, I was waiting at the bus stop last year, and there's a hotel room above a jewellers on Carrington Street, and it is obvious that some time ago, the burglar alarm was once going off, and you can just see a rotton coat hanger stuck in the bell, presumably from someone in the hotel that night trying to stop the bell!

Status
Not open for further replies.