• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

High Peak Bus Company / Trentbarton Split [Merged Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MCR247

Established Member
The 6.2 and 6.3 run to Ripley, the 6.4 runs to Belper Estates as does the 6.X

The 6.1 6.2 6.3 and 6.4 provide a 15 minute service to Belper. The 6.4 then goes to the estates, also as the 6.X where it then goes fast via the A38 to Derby

brompton rail

I saw it in Stockport on Saturday afternoon. So at least it won't be Mon-Fri only.

I think route 6 runs to Bakewell anyway.

TrentBarton's 6.1 only runs to Bakewell on weekdays though. Sunday's is just Derby to Matlock. Having said that the new Red Arrow Sunday buses don't in any way connect!

MCR247

Established Member
October 2005, when the Scania/ Wright us Solars were introduced, along with the name 'The Sixes'. They were previously known as R61, R62, R63, R64 and XR6

Why the R?

BuhSnarf

The R was used as an abreviation of Rainbow when the Rainbow 1 - 5 services were introduced between Nottingham and Derby, R1 being what is now Transpeak, the R61 etc ran in conjunction with this.

Rainbow 1 was transpeak?

Sent from my Galaxy S2 with Tapatalk.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
No, Rainbow 1 was (and still is) various points - Eastwood - Nottingham.

https://www.trentbarton.co.uk/services/rainbow1

Looks like Rainbow 1 will be the last rainbow as Rainbow 3/b/c is becoming the 3a/b/c shortly.

Rainbow 5/B/C became indigo (though indigo also swallowed up the old 1, 3, 10, 310 and 506 routes).

Rainbow 4 is now the i4

Rainbow 2 became the two.

I think R50-odd became the Ruddington Connection and Radcliffe line...

The R15 became my15. I seem to remember the upgrade to "rainbow route" status was a bit rushed when there was competition on this route.

Last edited:

MCR247

Established Member
The R was used as an abreviation of Rainbow when the Rainbow 1 - 5 services were introduced between Nottingham and Derby, R1 being what is now Transpeak, the R61 etc ran in conjunction with this.

That doesn't even make sense as R1 has always been what it is now and how would R64 have anything to do with R1?!

BuhSnarf

As a previous Nottingham resident and Rainbow 5 user I think it certainly made it better having brands fr a customer point of view.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
As a previous Nottingham resident and Rainbow 5 user I think it certainly made it better having brands fr a customer point of view.

I liked it up to a point, but now every time I go back to Nottingham I have to think, "Now what's the bus I need called now".

BuhSnarf

I liked it up to a point, but now every time I go back to Nottingham I have to think, "Now what's the bus I need called now".

I think it certainly is easier to remember Indigo than X45!

radamfi

Established Member
Barry S Doe dislikes Trent because of their use of brand names instead of route numbers, and also because they still use the 12 hour clock in timetables.

He also didn't like Transit Holdings in their latter years (just before Blundred sold out to Stagecoach and First) for similar reasons.

So Barry's holds/held these relatively innovative operators who invests/invested heavily in their local respective markets in lower regard than the mega-groups for rather trivial reasons.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
I think it certainly is easier to remember Indigo than X45!

Really?

It's easy enough betwen Nottingham and Long Eaton - then your bus may go one of 4 ways depending on the destination on the front. Some of them start off the same. They used to use different route numbers to distinguish between them.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Barry S Doe dislikes Trent because of their use of brand names instead of route numbers, and also because they still use the 12 hour clock in timetables.

I still remember how long it took Merseytravel to come to terms with the 24-hour clock in their A5 size rail timetables, where one 12 hour period used to be shown in light-face type and the other 12 hour period was shown in heavy-face type. Mind you,"shell-suits" were also in vogue in the Merseytravel area at the same time...:D

MCR247

Established Member
Really?

It's easy enough betwen Nottingham and Long Eaton - then your bus may go one of 4 ways depending on the destination on the front. Some of them start off the same. They used to use different route numbers to distinguish between them.

It isn't really complicated though

Deerfold

Veteran Member
It isn't really complicated though

No, and they've simplified the intermediate route, so some people won, and some lost as all the buses now go the same way between Nottingham and Long Eaton instead of at least 3 different ones - makes it a lot easier to remember where the buses are gonig though if all 9 an hour take the same route.

BuhSnarf

Really?

Very much so. For example in Leicester 47/48/49a/b all serve wigston but all split off over the place.

WillPS

Established Member
No, Rainbow 1 was (and still is) various points - Eastwood - Nottingham.

https://www.trentbarton.co.uk/services/rainbow1

No it wasn't - http://www.focustransport.org.uk/xtp1.aspx

Transpeak was initially included as one of Trent's "Rainbow Routes", and was indeed designated R1. The current route didn't become the Rainbow 1 until somewhere around 1999 - it was a few different "Rainbow Routes" before that.

Looks like Rainbow 1 will be the last rainbow as Rainbow 3/b/c is becoming the 3a/b/c shortly.
Really? I've not seen any indication that those are the brands they're going with.

I think R50-odd became the Ruddington Connection and Radcliffe line...
Ruddington Connection was:
14 - Ruddington
54 - Clifton via Ruddington

Neither were "Rainbow Routes"

Last edited:

Deerfold

Veteran Member
No it wasn't - http://www.focustransport.org.uk/xtp1.aspx

Transpeak was initially included as one of Trent's "Rainbow Routes", and was indeed designated R1. The current route didn't become the Rainbow 1 until somewhere around 1999 - it was a few different "Rainbow Routes" before that.

Yes, was the Current R1 was the R11/R12/R13? I really have no memory of TP being R1 - and I was living on/just off the route 1992-6 but those pics bring it back - apologies.

Really? I've not seen any indication that those are the brands they're going with.

Looks like I misunderstood their initial publicity - there was no mention of "Rainbow" in the article I read, but looking at the site now it looks like they're staying as rainbows.

Ruddington Connection was:
14 - Ruddington
54 - Clifton via Ruddington

Neither were "Rainbow Routes"

They were (and then they were extended to Toton/Sandiacre briefly, replacing the 1/506). There were some R50-odds around somewhere...

Looks like that was my most inaccurate post on this site so far...I'm blaming two 0630 Bank Holiday starts.

Last edited:

tbone

Apparently another omniciti has arrived with High Peak and is in transpeak livery, no conformation of this as yet.

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Apparently another omniciti has arrived with High Peak and is in transpeak livery, no conformation of this as yet.

According to the usually reliable Derby Bus Depot website, High Peak have acquired two Omnicities from Nottingham City Transport for use on Transpeak - these are YN04GMY and YN04GMZ ex-Skylink. This is in addition to ex-Centrebus YN06CJE - not sure about what's happening with the Olympus double decker, whether that's staying in fleet livery or gaining Transpeak colours.

johnnychips

Established Member
Apparently, High Peak are to take over the Matlock-Ashbourne services from TM travel (owned by Trent Barton anyway). I suppose these will be run from the Dove Holes depot? Unfortunately the Derbyshire CC website kept crashing tonight so I couldn't deduce any diagrams.

tbone

Apparently, High Peak are to take over the Matlock-Ashbourne services from TM travel (owned by Trent Barton anyway). I suppose these will be run from the Dove Holes depot? Unfortunately the Derbyshire CC website kept crashing tonight so I couldn't deduce any diagrams.

They've been cancelled on VOSA by TM travel and Derbshire suggested that High Peak would be the new operator but there have been no registrations by High Peak. If they were to run them they would probably continue the current arrangement of keeping. Bus at the Trent Barton Belper garage

Re the former NCT omnicities, these have apparently gone elsewhere in the Centrebus group to displace 2 08 plate Scania Wrightbus Solars which will be used on transpeak.

Last edited:

MCR247

Established Member
Sorry if this has already been asked/answered but why was it necessary for the transpeak to be split into 4(?)?

Status
Not open for further replies.