• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hoover cleaner Lithium battery longevity

Trackman

Established Member
I have a Hoover H-Free 100 (like a Dyson cleaner), jolly good it is well, but the battery has packed up after I would say after about 3 years.
A new battery has cost me around £60.
What is the life expectancy on these batteries, second thing is can I prolong the longevity of it?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ted633

I have a Hoover H-Free 100 (like a Dyson cleaner), jolly good it is well, but the battery has packed up after I would say after about 3 years.
A new battery has cost me around £60.
What is the life expectancy on these batteries, second thing is can I prolong the longevity of it?
My Dyson ( and pretty much everyone else I know who has one) has done the same. Mine only lasted about 3 years as well.
I've fitted third party batteries from Amazon, much cheaper and they seem fine. Last longer on one charge as well.

To prolong the life of the battery, I've been told to allow the unit to cool after use before charging.

Trackman

Established Member
My Dyson ( and pretty much everyone else I know who has one) has done the same. Mine only lasted about 3 years as well.
I've fitted third party batteries from Amazon, much cheaper and they seem fine. Last longer on one charge as well.

To prolong the life of the battery, I've been told to allow the unit to cool after use before charging.
Thank you, I've been doing some more research - keeping it cool seems key.

dgl

Established Member
Not to answer your question, but buy a vacuum with a decent length power cable (Numatic or Sebo) and your battery issues are gone, you'll also find a corded cleaner does a much better job.

A Numatic or Sebo will also be bagged, so no messy bagless container to empty or filters to constantly wash. Plus, a Numatic or Sebo will outlast any Hoover/Vax/Dyson/Shark and are easily repairable if they do go wrong with easy parts availability.

DelW

Established Member
Not to answer your question, but buy a vacuum with a decent length power cable (Numatic or Sebo) and your battery issues are gone, you'll also find a corded cleaner does a much better job.

A Numatic or Sebo will also be bagged, so no messy bagless container to empty or filters to constantly wash. Plus, a Numatic or Sebo will outlast any Hoover/Vax/Dyson/Shark and are easily repairable if they do go wrong with easy parts availability.
It's horses for courses. I have a corded Henry (Numatic) and two cordless Gtechs (handheld and upright).*

The Henry comes out a few times a year when I'm doing a "proper" clean, moving furniture etc. and taking an hour or more. The cordless ones come out several times a week, but just for a few minutes at a time, to deal with dirt I've just noticed, or brought in from the garden, or similar.

More on-topic, both the Gtechs are around five years old or more, and both their original batteries seem to be doing okay so far. They get charged about once a month or six weeks.

(* I'm not as much of a cleaning fan as this may suggest, as I inherited two of them.)