• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hounslow Loop Circular Services No More?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haddiscoe

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, but these services seem to no longer be running, does anyone know if this is a permanent change, or simply temporary. There seems to be a significant reduction in Waterloo bound services from stationary such as St Margarets as a consequence.

If anyone can point me in the direction of any consultation documents or press releases regarding these changes I'd be most appreciative.

Cheers in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JonathanH

Veteran Member
If anyone can point me in the direction of any consultation documents or press releases regarding these changes I'd be most appreciative.
No consultation documents or press releases are needed to change services at the moment in the circumstances where demand has dropped and there are insufficient traincrew to provide the full service.

Hounslow loop would be the more likely service to be dropped than Waterloo to Weybridge via Hounslow and Waterloo to Kingston via Richmond as the one that already doesn't run in the late evening.

Waterloo to Reading services have been cut as well as have services elsewhere on the SWR network.

Starmill

Veteran Member
Fares Advisor
A huge number of services have disappeared or been reduced significantly as a consequence of the near total collapse of the market, and resulting effect on the industry's finances. A consultation is probably the last thing on anyone's mind.

Driver2B

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, but these services seem to no longer be running, does anyone know if this is a permanent change, or simply temporary. There seems to be a significant reduction in Waterloo bound services from stationary such as St Margarets as a consequence.

Cheers in advance.

SWR, like many other train operating companies (TOCs), are currently running a reduced timetable due to the covid-19 pandemic. As the Hounslow rounders only duplicate other services with the exception of the Hounslow Spur (Hounslow-Whitton), they have temporarily been removed from the timetable.

I have heard that they will be reintroduced from 15 May 2021.

Flange Squeal

Established Member
A number of weekday service levels were reduced further over the winter, in line with passenger numbers and availability of staff during the second wave. This does mean basic published timetables on some routes are 'better' on Saturdays than weekdays. Subject to engineering work, the rounders continue on Saturdays. Another example of this weekday/Saturday difference is the Basingstoke/Alton services, which were dropped to generally hourly on weekdays but remain half-hourly on Saturdays.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Shepperton services are mainly just one an hour for most of the day at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.