• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

How does a rail ticket refund take ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vespa

Established Member
Hi following on from my day trip Manchester thread re day rover ticket.

When I mistakenly got a day rover with the wrong date, I exchanged it for the one with the correct date, I got refunded and I inserted my debit card to confirm refund, so far the refund hasn't appeared in my online account, yet the payment for two Rovers have already been paid out, the wrong dated one and the correct dated ticket.

This was done on Friday 31st March.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Wallsendmag

Established Member

When I mistakenly got a day rover with the wrong date, I exchanged it for the one with the correct date, I got refunded and I inserted my debit card to confirm refund, so far the refund hasn't appeared in my online account, yet the payment for two Rovers have already been paid out, the wrong dated one and the correct dated ticket.

The TOC will have processed the refund when you placed your card into the card reader. Banks can take 5-7 days to process their end.

AlterEgo

Veteran Member

It’ll take no more than a week. Railway ticket refunds are pretty fast all things considered.

TUC

Established Member
I cancelled a TPE ticket on Thursday (due to the service being cancelled) and received confirmation of the refund on Saturday.

MrJeeves

Established Member
Bear in mind that banks often won't process refunded transactions over the weekend. I'd guess you might see the refund Monday afternoon or Tuesday. Might take up to a whole week in some cases, though.

It may also be that the pending charge simply drops off rather than a debit followed by credit, depending on how the refund was done.

I do usually tend to have refunds appear in my account before the original debit finishes processing with both Nationwide and Monzo, though.

Vespa

Established Member
Update: The money has been refunded on the 3rd April.

Thank you for your assistance :D

Status
Not open for further replies.