• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

how long does a letter take to come after a caution?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Pushpit

It depends on the rail company and whatever it was that you are alleged to have done. It could be 5 days, 5 weeks, 5 months.

Veteran Member
thank you, it's southeastern- I got a shorter ticket than i should have a few times
And what is this "caution" you have received? Please upload any paperwork (with personal details obscured) as this will help us give advice.

FenMan

Established Member
thank you, it's southeastern- I got a shorter ticket than i should have a few times

As you have been short-faring "a few times", it's likely Southeastern will investigate your online purchasing history before writing to you, so it may take a while before you first hear from them.

Gloster

Established Member
Hopefully you gave the correct name and address to the railway staff. If you move you should make sure that your post is sent on to you: the Royal Mail’s Redirection Service can do this. If the railway contacts you, which is likely, you may be able to resolve the matter without going to court, but you must answer their letters promptly, which could mean within a day or two of you receiving them. If you don’t reply in time it could spiral up to a more serious outcome.