• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

How Long?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GNER 373

Hi Everyone,

I applied for a RPI job with XC that ended last wednesday on thier website.

Does anyone know roughly how long it takes to get a reply? There will be a two week training course in Mid-November if I'm successful, so was giving it about 2 weeks (1 week left today) by my reckoning.

Anyone know any different?

Thanks for any responses:D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Usually about 2 or 3 weeks.

As much as I'm not keen on their recruitment people, they have recently started replying by letter to unsuccessful candidates, which they never bothered to do previously. Seemed to happen about the same time Maria Zywica (formerly of Transpennine) took over as XC's HR director, someone who I do trust.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Usually about 2 or 3 weeks.

As much as I'm not keen on their recruitment people, they have recently started replying by letter to unsuccessful candidates, which they never bothered to do previously. Seemed to happen about the same time Maria Zywica (formerly of Transpennine) took over as XC's HR director, someone who I do trust.

That is much better than can be said about many organisations that do not bother to even drop you an email (at no extra cost) to inform you that you have been unsuccessful.

es373

Submit your CV to the careers as section on the Eurostar site. I think you have to apply for the "engineering talent pool" thing.

GNER 373

Submit your CV to the careers as section on the Eurostar site. I think you have to apply for the "engineering talent pool" thing.

I shall give this some thought! Cheers!

TBH i'd be happy waiting weeks on end as long as I'm
successful!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Hi just thought I'd let you know that I got my response today via post.....

I am to attend an assessment centre next Wednesday! I'm over the moon about it so hopefully I'll do well and earn myself an interview!

Thanks again for your replies

Status
Not open for further replies.