• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

"How To Ride The Bus" Comedic Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

lxfe_mxtterz

Hi all,

Possibly a slightly odd request...

I'm trying to find a video I remember watching a couple of years ago on YouTube. It was titled something along the lines of "How To Ride The Bus" and was a comedic, somewhat satirical, tutorial for exactly that - how to ride the bus. The visuals were hand-drawn illustrations on a light yellow background if I recall correctly.

A quick search on both YouTube and Google yields no results, and suggests the video was perhaps deleted.

Was just wondering whether anyone else knows the video in question, and whether anyone is able to locate it?

Many thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Hi all,

Possibly a slightly odd request...

I'm trying to find a video I remember watching a couple of years ago on YouTube. It was titled something along the lines of "How To Ride The Bus" and was a comedic, somewhat satirical, tutorial for exactly that - how to ride the bus. The visuals were hand-drawn illustrations on a light yellow background if I recall correctly.

A quick search on both YouTube and Google yields no results, and suggests the video was perhaps deleted.

Was just wondering whether anyone else knows the video in question, and whether anyone is able to locate it?

Many thanks.
It may not be the one you're thinking of, but SEPTA Web (Philadelphia) have a series 'How To Ride a ....' which includes 'Bus.'

lxfe_mxtterz

It may not be the one you're thinking of, but SEPTA Web (Philadelphia) have a series 'How To Ride a ....' which includes 'Bus.'
Thanks - I've just had a look but that's not the one. I'm pretty sure that the one I'm thinking of was a British video, and had Shoreditch on the "bus map" (along with Hell and Mordor).

The video was entirely non-serious and featured themes such as "ringing the bell as many times as possible" and telling the driver he "drives like an old lady" when getting off.

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Thanks - I've just had a look but that's not the one. I'm pretty sure that the one I'm thinking of was a British video, and had Shoreditch on the "bus map" (along with Hell and Mordor).

The video was entirely non-serious and featured themes such as "ringing the bell as many times as possible" and telling the driver he "drives like an old lady" when getting off.
Well, Shoreditch is Hell these days for us non-hipsters.

DelW

Established Member

I'm not sure whether the one you remember is related or not, but a few years ago there was a series of spoof videos on YouTube, purporting to give "helpful" advice to visitors to Britain. The one I remember was about visiting a "typical British pub", with advice that if followed would, depending on the locale and type of pub, probably have got you beaten up, chucked out, or at best paying for all the locals' drinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.