• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

How will the Easter strike affect railtours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crewmeal

As I'm booked on one of the railtours over the Easter period, what is likely to happen? Cancellations? postponements? So far no reply from the tour operator

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ralphchadkirk

Established Member
Most likely not running, considering that during the strikes nothing really will be!
Check with the operator to see if they are going to reschedule.

mumrar

Established Member
Most likely not running, considering that during the strikes nothing really will be!
Check with the operator to see if they are going to reschedule.

These are most likely to be the first things to be cancelled. If NR can get infrastructure up and running for small intervals, they're not going to fill these small windows with what are essentially pleasure cruises I'm afraid.

hughesfowler

Its a real kick in teeth to the railway touring co and the mega gb3 excursion. With hotels etc booked this would be a logistical nightmare for them. Lets hope things get sorted before then for everyone concerned:(

KingboyD

Compass Mersey Fellsman is likely to be capped too :(
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
For anyone that is interested a statement from the Compass website regarding the Mersey Fellsman next wednesday

Compass Tours said:
As many passengers may be aware the RMT have called for strike action on the 7th April 2010. This action is still set to go ahead affecting our intended 7th April 'Mersey Fellsman' Tour. We have had to take the decision to Postpone the trip to Saturday 12th June 2010. All passengers booked on have been sent a letter informing them of this news

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
The Compass Tour is re-dated to the 12th June. The Railway Touring Company's GB3 is still running but is being re-routed.

almark

GB3 is all change for the first 3 days,at least.

Day 1:
Padd-BTM via GWML (Bath),not Salisbury/Westbury

Day 2:
D1015 BTM-Totnes (Not PZ),due to the fact that Plymouth box can't cope and Exeter panel ends just west of Totnes.

44871/70013 Totnes-BTM

Day 3:
BTM-Preston via Cheltenham-?-Nuneaton-Preston.

As for the "?",that's because its so uncertain as to what happens between Cheltenham and Nuneaton,the Lickey would be involved i would of thought (due to the fact there are mech' boxes on the Old hill route) but what with i have no idea....

From Day 4 it is basically normal service.

What happens when the driver/conductor strike in Scotland starts on 11th-13th i don't know.

Cheers,
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.