• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hull Trains - Trainee Train Driver - Hull (12/11/2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

munya

Sometimes its a lottery, and personnel often choose the wrong candidates to take their psychometrics simply by the fact of the large psychometrics failure rate. One TOC I know sent 72 people through to the assessment centre stage, and only 4 passed. The same TOC sent the 2nd wave of rejects (lesser candidates) according to their sift process (I was one of them) to the assessment centre stage, and the pass rate was in double figures. I'm gutted because my other half is originally from Hull, so relocating would have been perfect. Maybe they grade you down for having to relocate. Who knows? Good luck to all those who get through.
I've not heard anything yet. The failure rate is shocking though, considering the number of people that get through to the assessment stage.

Signal_Box

With Hull reduction their services significantly due to the latest travel restrictions I doubt they’ll proceed with trainee jobs anytime soon.

Also with a note, they have 5 trains how many drivers do you think they need to operate then ? There must be significant turn over of drivers to require trainees, and not to attach qualified…

Alarm bells anyone?
Remember the Grand Central Blackpool trainees got laid off before a revenue wheel was even turned…

on-the-tracks

Perhaps they’re looking further beyond February (where there current restricted timetable is up to) and more into the future? Before they restricted their time table they had just increased their services again

lammergeier

With Hull reduction their services significantly due to the latest travel restrictions I doubt they’ll proceed with trainee jobs anytime soon.

Also with a note, they have 5 trains how many drivers do you think they need to operate then ? There must be significant turn over of drivers to require trainees, and not to attach qualified…

Alarm bells anyone?
Remember the Grand Central Blackpool trainees got laid off before a revenue wheel was even turned…
If we still have significant Covid restrictions after these Hull Trains trainee drivers would be finished and productive then we've got far more to worry about than whether Hull Trains have over-recruited

Hull D

Regardless of test results, I know for a fact, that Hull Trains like their staff to actually be from Hull.......

Signal_Box

Regardless of test results, I know for a fact, that Hull Trains like their staff to actually be from Hull.......

Surely that’s discrimination of some kind ?
That’s similar to saying Transport for Wales and Scotrail only want Welsh and Scottish residents, if your good enough your good enough.

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Surely that’s discrimination of some kind ?
That’s similar to saying Transport for Wales and Scotrail only want Welsh and Scottish residents, if your good enough your good enough.
Not all discrimination is unlawful or actionable.

Status
Not open for further replies.