• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hull Trains weekend first class offering

philosopher

Established Member
I am thinking of visiting Hull on a Sunday from London. Their first class advance ticket for the return on the day and time I am looking at is only £15 more than the standard class ticket. What food offering do Hull Trains give on first class on Sunday? Their website suggests it is a sandwich, crisps and hot drink but say it is subject to availability. Are they likely to provide any catering offering on first class on Sundays?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

WF4HA5HE

I am thinking of visiting Hull on a Sunday from London. Their first class advance ticket for the return on the day and time I am looking at is only £15 more than the standard class ticket. What food offering do Hull Trains give on first class on Sunday? Their website suggests it is a sandwich, crisps and hot drink but say it is subject to availability. Are they likely to provide any catering offering on first class on Sundays?
I've traveled on sundays with Hull trains before and it has been what's advertised on the website. I'm guessing the subject to avalability line is more there to cover them if lets say a certain item is out of stock on board or there was no host due to short staff for example. If they didn't have that line on the website it would basically allow first class customers to claim compensation for literally anything being missing from the first class service as they wouldn't be offering what advertised.

philosopher

Established Member
I've traveled on sundays with Hull trains before and it has been what's advertised on the website. I'm guessing the subject to avalability line is more there to cover them if lets say a certain item is out of stock on board or there was no host due to short staff for example. If they didn't have that line on the website it would basically allow first class customers to claim compensation for literally anything being missing from the first class service as they wouldn't be offering what advertised.
Thanks, in did in the end book first class.