• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hypothetical Delay Repay Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrewR232

I was waiting for this service at Bishopbriggs this morning which, thanks to running with fewer coaches than booked, was exceptionally busy, to the point where the guard refused to let people board the train. We had to wait for the next one.

If the next train arrived in Glasgow on time, but more than 30 minutes later than the arrival time of the train we intended to board, would Delay Repay be payable in this situation?

I'm not planning to submit a claim as my overall journey wasn't delayed, but I wanted to see what people thought about Delay Repay being applicable here.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Yes I would say that if you were unable to board due to overcrowding that Delay Repay would be payable.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I've had Delay Repay paid where I've been delayed because it's not been possible to board a service due to overcrowding.

Make sure you specifically state you were physically unable to board dur to overcrowding when you make the claim.

CatfordCat

Probably also worth making the point that train / station staff would not allow all intending passengers on the train, so it's clear it was not your choice not to travel

Status
Not open for further replies.