• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

I’m looking for an answer, please - is LSL a breakaway from WCR or a complete new company?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fleetwoodphil

I know that WCR have been in existence a long time, and LSL are relatively new. Some locomotives that were WCR based now seem to be LSL also Statesman has moved LSL is LSL a breakaway from WCR or a complete new company? Thanks in advance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

stuartl

I don't think so. LSL is Locomotive Services owned by Jeremy Hosking. He's been building up the business for a few years. Latest acquistion was Steam Dreams, they used to us WCR as operator for their tours but of course now use LSL stock. As far as I know Statesman is a separate company but use LSL to take bookings and provide rolling stock as LSL are an actual TOC.

Last edited:

anothertyke

I think you would need to trace LSL's genesis back to Pete Waterman, the Crewe Heritage Centre, the LNWR trust and the Royal Scot trust, also Icons of Steam.

Gonzoiku

I think you would need to trace LSL's genesis back to Pete Waterman, the Crewe Heritage Centre, the LNWR trust and the Royal Scot trust, also Icons of Steam.
I don't think Pete Waterman was involved with LSL (Jeremy Hosking) but he did sell LNWR Heritage to Royal Scot Trust, which owns LSL

GZ

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.