• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

I emailed proof but still being prosecuted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amzar

Hello,

on the 11th of October I was travelling from Hatfield to King Cross Station when I got stopped by the RPI to show proof of my railcard. At the time my railcard app wasn't working, so I showed him the railcard website where it showed i had purchase it that year. He still wrote me a ticket and told me if i provided proof to [email protected] it would be okay. Later that week I sent an email to it with a picture of my railcard and didn't get an email back so i assumed it was a ll fine.

Now I got a letter saying they intend to prosecute.Would explaining this all in the letter be enough? i got proof of my railcard being valid, ticket purchase and email.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Suggest you write in with a print of your earlier email and copy of your railcard. Send using signed for (about £1.50 at post office, tracked more and not really necessary). Keep a photo of your letter as well. Send to address on letter prosecutions dept sent you.

You might want to forward your earlier email with photo of new letter and railcard to [email protected] put in the subject line ‘please forward to prosecutions department’.

Long as you do this promptly they should let it go

najaB

Veteran Member
Later that week I sent an email to it with a picture of my railcard and didn't get an email back so i assumed it was a ll fine.
It's unusual not to receive an acknowledgement so I suspect they may not have actually received your email. As @47421 says, a reply letter and an email to customer services both confirming that you had a valid railcard should see this resolved fairly quickly.

Amzar

Suggest you write in with a print of your earlier email and copy of your railcard. Send using signed for (about £1.50 at post office, tracked more and not really necessary). Keep a photo of your letter as well. Send to address on letter prosecutions dept sent you.

You might want to forward your earlier email with photo of new letter and railcard to [email protected] put in the subject line ‘please forward to prosecutions department’.

Long as you do this promptly they should let it go
okay thanks

gray1404

Established Member
I would personally resend your first email to the address you sent it to in the first place.

Send the same to Customer Services

Send the same by Record Delivery as above

I would also put a GDPR subject access request in too as it would be perfect if they did actually have a copy already

Status
Not open for further replies.