• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ian Allan's "Traction Recognition" Book?

Chrius56000

Hi!

I bought a copy of "Traction Recognition" published by Ian Allan Publishing, from the Model Railways Exhibition in Sutton Coldfield today, but this stops at the Class 700 and Class 800!

This lovely colour –published book covers each type of traction unit or locomotive that was running on N.R. metals at its publication date, with specifications, exterior and internal photos, brief info on fleet numbers and the operator using them and the depot where they are allocated.

Is there a current version of this, or a similar type of book currently available from Station Bookstalls at the moment?

Chris Williams

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gloster

Established Member
Ian Allan no longer publishes books and Crecy Publishing took the remnants. The abc Traction Recognition on their site is the third edition.

Chrius56000

. . .That was the edition I bought for 50p today so I'm certainly not complaining there!

. . .It looks like Crecy will be releasing their "2024 ABC Rail Guide" on 31 May, so I'll buy that when it comes out!

Chris Williams

Andyh82

Established Member
The author of this book changed it into ‘Bookazine’ format ‘Rolling Stock Review’ which has been published more recently