• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

idea for photting location for next sat or sun

Status
Not open for further replies.

martyn29

I am based in Leicester, and would like to go somewhere, by train really that is good for spotting and photting, I am new to this, I have been Derby and Nuneaton now. any ideas that are reasonably cheap would be most welcome! I like HST's but dont mind anything really!
thanks

Martyn

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Daniel

Established Member
Well obviously the area isn't. AFAIK all trams are running as normal. A few Central trains services, and I think some TPE services aren't running. Midland Mainline services are fine, apart from non-stop Doncaster IIRC.

Daniel

Established Member
Here you go. The only thing affected at Sheffield is Northern Rail, Sheffield to Lincon.

line_closed_summary_map_-_280607.JPG

Jordy

Established Member
Yes but I still wouldn't advise it, there are warnings of further flooding, Sheffield isn't the best option at the moment IMO.

class 313

Established Member
Best place on the MML, lineside would be around Wellingborough as you can see the GBRf workings

David

Established Member
Best place on the MML, lineside would be around Wellingborough as you can see the GBRf workings

You can see GBRf trains on the ECML as well, plus Freightliner and EWS. Add in all the different TOCs from Doncaster (heading South), and all the different liveries (particulary Central and Northern), then there is quite a few photo opportunities, even if you decide to stay on a station.

The places I recommend on the ECML for different liveries and types of trains are Doncaster and Peterborough.

martyn29

I might do:)
but I needed somewhere nearer to home sat! I wont go sheffield at this time, Wellingborough or Donny look good ideas..

Established Member
25035 and 27056 out at Loughborough, much better than anything else on offer on the 'real' railway

Status
Not open for further replies.