• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Incompatible couplers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbostar

How do you change the coupler type on a loco, coach, or wagon? I take it it's a case of editing the .ENG file? Thanks in advance. :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
if its .ENG editing you need then you`ll want to download a thing caled MSTS Tree once ive found it ill attach it to this or you could google it

MCR247

Established Member
if its .ENG editing you need then you`ll want to download a thing caled MSTS Tree once ive found it ill attach it to this or you could google it

err no you dont. When i do it, i just have the train unstored in trainstore, then use notepad (or anything like that). Then find the relevent lines you need.

You dont need to do the bold bit if you dont have train store.

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Don't know what the MSTS Tree is, but it is easy:

BACKUP first just in case, just copy the .ENG file to your desktop or whatever..

Then, open the .ENG file in Notepad and do Ctrl + F (this opens up the Find window, much easier) then type Coupling. The line should look like this:

InertiaTensor ( Box (3.318m 4.768m 20.648m) )
Coupling (
Type ( Automatic )
Spring (

The key bit is Type ( xxxx ). In the part that says Automatic (or whatever the coupling tyoe is in the first place) you can change this to Automatic, Chain or Bar.

Click Save or Save As (remembering to overwrite the original) and that is it.

Hope that helps,

James.

Status
Not open for further replies.