• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Incorrect oyster charge

kacper

I have a 16+ Oyster and I usually get charged 1.85 for the journey Angel to Seven Sisters during peak times, but when i checked my balance it appears to have charged me the off peak fare when I did the journey during peak. Why is this and will I have any issues with it?

Attachments

• IMG_1590.jpeg
    IMG_1590.jpeg
    878.9 KB · Views: 69
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bcarmicle

You probably entered Angel before 16:00 (or 16:02 I think as there’s a small grace period). If you have an online Oyster account you can see exactly what time you tapped in.

Are you sure you were travelling in peak times (i.e. tapping in after 1600)? I note it's 1 minute between the stated time of the journey from Angel to Seven Sisters and the tap in on your bus.

kacper

You probably entered Angel before 16:00 (or 16:02 I think as there’s a small grace period). If you have an online Oyster account you can see exactly what time you tapped in.
I just checked and I did enter at 16.02, didn’t know there was a grace period

ChrisC

Established Member
I have a 16+ Oyster and I usually get charged 1.85 for the journey Angel to Seven Sisters during peak times, but when i checked my balance it appears to have charged me the off peak fare when I did the journey during peak. Why is this and will I have any issues with it?
I’m not from London but just visiting this week for a few days. Heard on BBC local news this morning that for the next 3 months all Friday fares will be off peak.

talldave

Established Member
I’m not from London but just visiting this week for a few days. Heard on BBC local news this morning that for the next 3 months all Friday fares will be off peak.
You'd almost think there was an election in London imminent.... oh hang on....!