• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Installing Trains and Routes together...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm nothing short of awful with computers. But I've managed to download BVE 4, then I downloaded the LU Northern Line. I then downloaded the rolling stock. However, everytime I go on bve, it comes up with 'my documents' and I open the route, but it says 'no trains found'....

Can anyone help?

Cheers.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MCR247

Established Member
have you installed the train to the correct location

Probably not, but I don't know 'the correct location'.

Also, are there any routes that I can download both a route and train in the same file?

MCR247

Established Member
Normally

C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Train
Install trains in there

C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Route
for route files

C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Object
for objects

C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railway\Sound

For sound

Try downloading BRR from train sim central for help running routes

BVE4 is a great program but it certainly isn't the easiest to set up. Sometimes even if you follow the correct installation procedure you will still get the 'Train is not found' error even if it damn well is there in its directory!

The only thing I can advise is to do what I did and have a bit of a fiddle around. Some things just won't work as expected... invisible platforms for the win! but after a bit of experimenting you'll eventually get used to the program.

Reading the beginners guide is good advice too.

skydo

If you see that everything is loaded into the correct folders, then maybe you need to check if the train is the correct one.

using windows explorer, go to
C:\program files\mackoy\bve4\railway\route\your route

find the \your route.csv file then right click on it. Depending on your version of windows and the way you have it set up there are 2 ways to look at the file.

1) right click on the .csv file and choose edit

2) right click on the .csv file and choose "open with" and pick notepad.

look near the top of the file and look for a line or 2 that looks like this.

with train
.folder cl323

see if the .folder cl323 matches exactly with the train folder that is on your computer.

c:\program files\mackoy\bve4\train

If the names do not match, let us know, and someone will be glad to help you fix the problem.

Just don't panic or give up. There is a simple solution.

I will not overwhelm you at first, just remember, you will be a BVE veteran soon.

Skydo

Well, I downloaded the package that comes with a train and THAT works, so I'll just have to stick to that for a while.

If you find any BVE downloads that are both route and train, please tell me.

I've read loads of guides... I dunno which one you mean.

I'm just looking for train AND route packages right now; easier ;0

Status
Not open for further replies.