• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Internal Interview... Uniform or formal civvies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a few weeks I have an interview for an internal vacancy.

I currently work in a front line 'uniformed' role on the railways (suit, waistcoat and shirt etc) but this one is office based, so If I was successful I would be working in civvies.

I will be starting my regular shift an hour or two afterwards and wouldn't have time to go home after to change. Should I wear my uniform or try and dig out smart civvie clothes? My uniform is the only suit jacket I have to wear, so I'm swaying towards it but not too sure. If I did wear smart civvies, I could probably find a shirt, tie and smart trousers.

Genuinely curious for some advice..

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lrd

Established Member
If you can, I would wear smart clothes and take your uniform with you to change in to, perhaps drop it off at work before the interview if possible. If you don't have the time then wear your uniform and perhaps mention you have work later on. They probably won't even think about it though.

If its an internal vacancy I'd go as smart as possible in your work uniform. Including name badge etc.
I had exactly the same dilemma as you last year went in full uniform (freshly dry cleaned) with polished shoes and name badge and it was commented on just how smart I looked and what a good impression of the company it gave!
Just my 2p's worth though!

Status
Not open for further replies.