• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Introductions

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mintona

Established Member
Name: Chris
Lives: Liverpool
Other handles on other forums: None
Job: Full time student, hoping to go into primary education
Interests: Trains (not spotting or photographing, just travelling on them) Jazz piano, Refereeing (hence the name)
Something I could not live without: The girlfriend (aww!), My mobile
Whats in my wallet: £145 (I get paid cash in hand for refereeing), 2 ATM cards, my Wigan Athletic Season Ticket (yes, I'm seeing a doctor), NUS card, Addresses of 'Giraffe' restaurants in the UK (not been? try it!)

Welcome Chris, you seem like a good chap. I'll ignore the Wigan-ness ;)

Established Member
Name: Keith
Lives: North London
Other handles on other forums: Routemaster_keithy, Routemaster_keith
Job: Guard on London Overground
Interests: Routemaster Buses, Arsenal FC, British Rail class 45s, Travelling.
Whats in my wallet: £0, 1 ATM card, Arsenal season ticket card, RMT membership card, Routemaster Association Membership Card.

Never did this 3 years ago when i first joined but done it now

dan_atki

Established Member
Ah yes, I think so, thanks! It says she's banned though?

Yes, she has been banned. We are not under liberty to discuss this any more though, as per our forum rules

She also mentioned a staff room area for mainline staff, but I seem to be having difficulty finding it. That was my main reason for signing up, would be good to see things from a driver/guards side of the job.

There is no staff area as such on here although some posters here do have jobs such as those you mention, as well as other roles.

SouthEastern-465

Established Member
Hi,

Im I am Calum Mclean (SouthEastern-465) I speak my own opinion, and I have been banned from a previous forum (Railwayforum.net) for speaking my opinion without bad language or offense to anyone.

I hope I enjoy my stay, and get to know the communtity, and give this site ago, hope you dont mind me,

SouthEastern-465.

Last edited:

theblackwatch

Established Member
Hi im claum mclean-AKA-SouthEastern-465,
i have just been banned from railwayforum.net for speaking my opinion,without bad language,i speak my mind and,i speak my mind say what i think with no holdbacks so watch out,im giving this site ago,so i would like to say hi to the community,hope you dont mind me,
SouthEastern-465:)

To prevent yourself from being banned from here too, please make sure you familiarise yourself with this forum's rules then, and ensure you adhere to them.

EDIT 28/05: You obviously didn't bother to take note of what I said 2 days ago!

Last edited:

Mike395

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Name: Mike
Lives: Bedford
Job: I'm a student :p
Transport Interests: Trains in general (I do have a particular fondness for the Class 222 Meridians, but that's probably only because it's the train I travel on most)
Something I could not live without: My phone!
Whats in my wallet: (From memory, not got it to hand) Debit card, CEX card, School ID card, old LUAS ticket from when I went to Dublin, Oyster card, Bedford Leisure Card.

MCR247

Established Member
name: Keith
lives: North london
other handles on other forums: Routemaster_keithy, routemaster_keith
job: Guard on london overground
interests: Routemaster buses, arsenal fc, british rail class 45s, travelling.
Whats in my wallet: £0, 1 atm card, arsenal season ticket card, rmt membership card, routemaster association membership card.

Never did this 3 years ago when i first joined but done it now
8-)8-)8-)

Lonewolf

Hey everyone.
This is my first post on this forum so i thought I'd introduce myself, let everyone know I'm not here just to add a number to the total.
I have got previous experience in other forums (including being a global moderator on a Euro Truck Sim website)

My railway background goes back to when i was 3 when my family moved to where we are now with the weston-super-mare loop line on the end of my backgarden. So being a 3 year old boy you can imagine the effect that had on me lol.
I am fairly knowledgable about Trains and railways but there is some stuff that i dont know.
I am also on youtube: Username ITW84 and i have commented on a fair few railway vids

anyway thats me and I hope I can be a helpful and productive member of this site.

Demps

Ok then, why not? I hardly think anyone bar one of you lot know me, even though ive being around for a few years now...

Lives: York, although travel a lot.
Job: Currently work as maintenance for a hospital. Aspiring to be a RM commando.
Transport Interests: In short, anything, but mostly things with noise and heritage. Railway world: all your classic traction, no steam, although i do enjoy the engineering involved. Aircraft: noise or heritage, or soviet relations. Military, again anything soviet, but generally anything military.
What's in my wallet: Get out of jail free card.
Other interest Sports, and other forms of photography. Entrepid explorer; try to meet personal challanges. www.28dayslater.co.uk

johngie

Name is John - getting near the "three-score years and ten" so I have a few memories! Like crawling over a Metrovick EM1 when I worked briefly at that company. Using lines that are long gone (Bangor-Bethesda, Bangor-Amlwch, Bangor-Caernarfon-Afonwen and Llanberis and Nantlle branches) as well as Ruabon-Barmouth and Aberystwyth-Carmarthen.
And regretting some I didn't travel, like Stainmore and Waverley routes. Happy days - I look forward to many more.

Greetings - John

Name: Callum
Lives: Dunoon, West of the City of Glasgow (Scotland)
Job: IT Technician, however this has lately transpired more into 'end user support for clueless people' which to be honest Im not all that happy about.
Transport Interests: Buses in my town (particularly the Darts), trains (I am a 314 fanatic and was really happy to hear they will now be serving our railways for even longer than previously intended)
Something I could not live without: My family and closest friends, my music, my pictures and videos of my travels and the trains and buses.

43021HST

Established Member
Name:Karl Lambert
Lives: Reading
Job: Paper round
Transport Interests: Trains, Trains and more trains.
Something I could not live without: My Computer
Whats in my wallet: Bank Card ,Mid Hants Railway Membership card, Libery card and my Virgin top up card.

JoshW1992

Established Member
Hello, I'm Josh... I have been on this forum for quite some time now, although I recently stopped using it, and so many of you will not know me. After meeting 'theblackwatch' at GCR diesel gala on saturday, I decided to rejoin the forum, and so I am reintroducing myself :)

Drsatan

Established Member
Though I've been on this forum for a while, I've only just found this thread, so here goes.

Location: Romsey, apparently the 2nd nicest place to live in the UK!
Occupation: Currently a volunteer on the Eastleigh Lakeside Railway. Will be going to Exeter Uni in a week's time to study history!
Transport interests Railways (especially late 80s - early 90s BR), vintage buses, (anything up to bus deregulation!) MSTS, cars.
Things I love Good currys, sunny days, a day without bad news, days when my train home isn't late
Things I hate Chavs,people born in the UK who can't speak English properly Gordon Brown, the three main political parties, political correctness, the nanny state, mass immigration, high fares, the x66 bus route from Romsey to Winchester, Stagecoach buses, penalty fares, the way todays privatised railway is run...it's a very long list:roll:
Things I wish I had: A girlfriend. A social life and a sex life.
Educational qualifications 3 As at A-level
Other things about me Have a mild case of asperger's. Sensitive to loud noises. Very opinionated especially when it comes to politics. Politically on the centre-right. People call me bigoted but I'd disagree.
Things in my wallet: provisional driver's license, two bank debit cards,libary card, NI card, old shop receipts and a St Denys - Romsey ticket.

Dai.

Established Member
T
Things I wish I had: A girlfriend. A social life and a sex life.
Things in my wallet: provisional driver's license, two bank debit cards,libary card, NI card, old shop receipts.

^ the top ones are the things I've got,

the second one are things I've had stolen. xD

but like Drsatan I think I should introduce myself as I don't believe I have before,

I'm Matt, I study business management and I manage a new graphic design website in my spare time, along with a gaming website.

I enjoy the railways and have done for a small time now, I've got a love for high speed and organising things..

I mostly collect numbers and I am interested in the business/design side of
the railways more than the numbers.

thats about it.

theblackwatch

Established Member
Hello, I'm Josh... I have been on this forum for quite some time now, although I recently stopped using it, and so many of you will not know me. After meeting 'theblackwatch' at GCR diesel gala on saturday, I decided to rejoin the forum, and so I am reintroducing myself :)

I obviously created a good impression :!: We aren't the tyrants some people make us out to be!

Swift-Deere

Hi am Mark am from St Helens in North West England am 18 years old, ive been a fan of trains and model railways for most of my life, my hobbies and interests (apart from railways) are Horse riding, Tractors, trucks and many other forms of transport.

Established Member
Name: Ian "Is that my wardrobe I hear whistling" Morris
Lives: Birmingham
Job: Chasing Locos up and down `t UK
Transport Interests: Trains/Locos/units
Something I could not live without: Oxygen,food,water
Whats in my wallet: Debit Card, NI card 3 railtour tickets, SPT ticket, a few coins
Things I love: Having good friends, Having a laugh, tea, Chippy semirars :lol:
Things I hate: Gobby Chavs, rude people, spiteful people
Things I wish I had: More money, a Girlfriend and a class 56 :lol:
Educational qualifications: A few D`s and c`s at GCSE, BTEC Travel and tourism
Other things about me: I get along with people quite quickly, I like all kinds of trains be it Steam, diesel, eleccy, unit or loco, I have a sence of humour and im a Mr Bean fan :D
im also a LFC fan
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
...and my Virgin top up card.

oohh err matron! :lol:

Last edited:

."ooo!.

Hi. I've been lurking on here for a few months and have decided to register.

I suppose I am generally interested in railways as I find them handy for getting around :smile:. I'd like to see more stations and lines opened to make getting around even easier, though I guess that won't happen at the moment as it is all hideously expensive. Also, being a bit of a nerd, I'm quite interested in the underlying infrastructure of railways.

HaxbyFur

Hello to all, I'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong section as I've spent a few minutes looking at where to post it and thought this board was the most appropriate :P

I've wanted to join a good rail forum for a week or two and this looks like a half decent one :D I've been around trains pretty much all my life, when I was as young as 6/7 I used to get the train with my dad from Halifax to Manchester, (gotta love those Sprinters), before we moved to Copmanthorpe, York where I could watch the ECML from my bedroom window, (which had its up's and down's :roll: ), lived there for 4 years now live in Haxby just to the north of York and on the York - Scarborough line, Haxby itself is getting a station so it will be interesting to see how that develops.

But in general I have always had an interest in trains, and I really don't know what it is about them, I like aircraft as well and go flying when I get the chance but for some reason I find the history and nostalgia a lot more fascinating with railways opposed to airports and the like.

I always remember travelling on Class 308's from Bradford Foster Square to Illkley, which looking back has to be one of my favourite trains. I do a fair bit of travelling on the trains now, (be it ridiculously expensive), a my partner lives in Hinckley near Birmingham, which is quite good for me because it means I can change which route I can take each time I go :D

After wanting to be a pilot for several years the appeal of it somewhat wore off and now my heart is set on train driving. Had a good read of the sticky on the subject and it helped out a lot :)

But anyway thanks for reading, hope this is in the right section and look forward to talking with fellow enthusiasts :)

Chris