• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Introductions

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Daniel533

I didnt know where post this in so i thought i would post it here.

My name is Daniel, I'am 17, I'am from Canterbury in Kent and have a fasination in all things Steam. My favorite line has got to be the RH&DR. i have always had an interest in steam from the age of 4, and that interest has now become my main hobby. I have recently begun to make my own rolling stock for oo gauge to keep me busy, which although i make slow progress i enjoy it. I also like to photograph steam and some of my collection can be found at my fotopic site, i also do a few videos which can be found on youtube. Looking forward to some discussions.

Daniel

Death

Established Member
Hail Daniel, and welcome! <D
There are a lot of Steam fans on this board and a lot of steam and heritage related discussion normally on the go around here, so ye should hopefully feel right at home here. :)8)

I'm admittedly more of a speed-freak, and fan of high-speed electric and diesel traction myself...But when it comes to steam, I can't think of a more Metal locomotive than the immortal and literally unstoppable BR 9F... :shock::D;)

Farewell, and welcome again... <D
>> Death <<

43021HST

Established Member
I signed up quite a while ago but havnt had the time to send any posts. I will introduce myself. I live in Reading which is at the junction where the Cornwall and south wales mainline and the line to Birmingham diverge, so I can,t complain about having no railways near me. I was brought up with big blue diesels because my dad is a fan in that period so I have an interest in that. Next I was taken to plenty of preserved railways throughout my life, I have a big interest in preserved railways. (My favourite is the chinnor and princes risbrough railway). Last of all I have a small interest in the modern image, most of its the same at reading, trainspotting there just brings up the same trains but plenty of railtours though. I have my
own model railway and I play plenty of train simulations. My favourite is TRS06.
Also my favourite train is a class 37.

Yours klambert

fishphone

Just like to post a few lines about myself as I have just joined the forums after rekindling my interest in the railways of the UK. Back in the early eighties my passion was more railway photography although I still rode the occasional railtour. In 83 my interest in the railways all but disappeared following my enlistment in HM Forces. Prior to that I lived in Carlisle and spent many an hour at Kingmoor SP & Carlisle station. I was an active member of the Border Railway Society whose clubroom I note is still above platform 3. I have now left HM Forces and have settled off the beaten track on the Lincolnshire Wolds. Unfortunately there aint much (trainwise) local for me here, however I do hope to begin to travel again. I have a son who is nearly 3 and he is already showing quite an interest in trains....
I am well behind the times with what has happened on the loco front and have been buying various magazines, books, & dvds. Can anyone advise of a decent publications/websites which details loco details and allocations. I used to use the Ian Allan Motive Power Combined Volumes but have no joy in tracking down the modern equivalent. Also any information on the multitude of new companies who operate the locos of today would be most helpful.

Thanks in anticipation, looking forward to being an active contributor to the forums.

Steve

anthony263

Established Member
i have been a member of this fourm and have put up a few posts etc, but havent really introduced myself.

NAME: Anthony Powell
Job: Student & former Bus Driver.

I currently live just outside Bridgend, South wales

email: [email protected] & [email protected]

I am currently for a degree in transport management @ Swansea Metropolitan University, lucky for me i have 2 train spotters in my class.

i havent long gained my pcv licene although i get my provisional pcv licene not long after i passed my car test when i was 18. I have worked for veolia transport before i quit about 3 days ago.

i a, normally out and about photographing train/buses most weekends either at cardiff/newport etc although i did go to london last thursday adn managed to get a few good photos there

wisemanp

As there seem to be a few introductions around here, I'll properly introduce myself, as I have only slightly done so in my picture post from Germany.

Name: Philip Wiseman
Lives: Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire
Job: Student (First year 6th form, AS-Levels)
Transport Interests: Any rail or aviation, flight simulation.
Something I could not live without: Cake.
Whats in my wallet: 'The Rugby Store' gift card, school bus pass, and a small amount of money .

I love my sport: I play rugby for the school 1st team and football at the weekends. I support Liverpool FC and Gloucester RFC.
I also love rock music, modern bands like 3 Doors Down, Snow Patrol, and classics such as Queen, Pink Floyd, Led Zepellin, to name a few.
I am really interested in mathematics and physics, they fascinate me.
My other love is of skiing, and the mountains. Therefore, Switzerland is the perfect place for me, with trains and mountains!

I hope I haven't bored you all to death already...
Regards, Phil

EM2

Established Member
Name: Derek
Lives: Forest Gate, East London
Job: Customer Service Officer - St. Pancras International
Transport Interests: Trains generally but especially 3rd rail slammers and Woodhead. Is there a better looking loco than an EM2 in BR black & red?
Something I could not live without: Coca-Cola
Whats in my wallet: Not enough money...

Hello!
I didn't notice this was here, so apologies for posting elsewhere first :oops:
I joined BR from school in 1988, when I was a Trainee S&T Tech at Chislehurst and then Victoria. But with the folly of youth, I left after about a year, thinking that it was going to take me forever to get anywhere up the ladder.
I came back when I started at St Pancras last September. It's a good job, with no two shifts the same, even though customers don't half wind me up sometimes...

I've been interested in trains since I was a little kid, thanks to my Dad but I don't spot or phot or bash, I just like them as a whole (although I am doing a charity bash next year - http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=20493
I live just round the corner from Wanstead Park on the Gospel Oak - Barking line (in fact, the bridge goes over our road about ten yards form the door!) and I use the GE main line through Forest Gate station for commuting.

So, that's me!

Last edited:

almark

Name: Mark
Lives: Wonderful Wakefield! (Hare Park Jnc on your maps.....)
Job: Student
Transport Interests: Railways and erm railways?! Does F1 count as transport?!
Something I could not live without: My Bus pass lol
Whats in my wallet: Bus Pass College ID,does a pocket full of 2P's count?!

Jx^

Name: Josh, but most call me Jay.
Lives: Hexham
Job: REDUNDANT
Transport Interests: Trains. Nowt else. I hate buses.
Whats in my wallet: 2 Debit cards, NI Card, IKEA Family card, Provisional Driving License, YPR and £8.73

class 313

Established Member
Name: Josh, but most call me Jay.
Lives: Hexham
Job: REDUNDANT
Transport Interests: Trains. Nowt else. I hate buses.
Whats in my wallet: 2 Debit cards, NI Card, IKEA Family card, Provisional Driving License, YPR and £8.73

No Anal balloons in your pocket then? ;)

TG

second star on the right and straight on until mor
Name - That's for me to know and you not to find out
Username - TG
Age - 25
Job - Buzz buzz monkey
Interests - Taking pictures of random objects, Researching local railway history, hiking with the tail lamps and riding on the branch line!!
Location -The great north of Englandshire
Special things in your area - there's ME!
Favourite Trains and Why? - Trainbaby (158905) he's just the best and a railway institution!!
The Buzziest Trains you have been on - the hogwarts express
And that's that....

Last edited: