• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Inverness Booking Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

pitdiver

A quick question. Is the Booking Office at Inverness station normally open during the hours posted on NRE or do they vary. I will possibly be travelling back from there later this year and will need to purchase a ticket.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

fgwrich

Established Member
Quite possibly vary - I was passing through Inverness last week at around 16:00 and found it to be closed and locked. Thankfully the ScotRail app now allows you to purchase E-tickets on it and there are a number of ticket machines dotted throughout the station.

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Quite possibly vary - I was passing through Inverness last week at around 16:00 and found it to be closed and locked. Thankfully the ScotRail app now allows you to purchase E-tickets on it and there are a number of ticket machines dotted throughout the station.
M-tickets, not e-tickets, unfortunately!

pitdiver

M-tickets, not e-tickets, unfortunately!
I need to purchase from an office as I get Priv rate

Red Onion

Certainly when I was there just over a week ago it was only open morning into afternoon, this was on two occasions.

najaB

Veteran Member
Conditions of Travel make it clear that if us normal punters are unable to purchase the ticket that we need at the station then we're are entitled to board and purchase it from the conductor or at the destination station. Is it any different for Priv-rate travel?

XAM2175

Established Member
Conditions of Travel make it clear that if us normal punters are unable to purchase the ticket that we need at the station then we're are entitled to board and purchase it from the conductor or at the destination station. Is it any different for Priv-rate travel?

From the Rail Staff Travel - Conditions of Issue and Use document at https://www.raildeliverygroup.com/f...T_Conditions_of_Issue_and_Use_Jun_2021_v6.pdf

• Where the Ticket Office is open, you must purchase privilege rate tickets prior to travel, even if there is a queue at the Ticket Office. If you do not, then any travel will be considered a Travel Irregularity.
  • Where the Ticket Office is closed, but you are travelling in a penalty fare area, then you must purchase a permit to travel before starting your journey. If you do not, then any travel will be considered a Travel Irregularity.
  • If there is no open Ticket Office or staff available to sell privilege rate tickets, and you are not travelling in a penalty fare area, then you must purchase privilege rate tickets at the first available opportunity on board (or at an interim or destination station). You must actively offer to pay for your travel at the first available opportunity.
  • If you are not in possession of your Staff Travel Card at the time of purchasing a ticket, and buy a ticket at the full public rate, you are not eligible for any refund of that ticket on presentation of your Staff Travel Card at a later date.

This applies to both safeguarded and non-safeguarded staff.

pitdiver

I can obviously purchase tickets from my local staffed ticket office (Worksop) but I am not yet sure when we will be coming back. Hence the need to purchase on the morning of travel. If it works out we will catch the 1046 off Inverness but may well decide to try the new sleeper. I hope there will be no problem with availability when we want to travel (Oct-Nov)

Status
Not open for further replies.