• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Is 90012 poorly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EM2

Established Member
Coming into Liverpool Street about 13:40 yesterday, I noticed a class 90 (too late to see the number) leading a Norwich service out, coupled to the sharp end of the DVT. Thinking that was a bit odd, I kept an eye as it went past and 90 012 was bringing up the rear of the set with it's pan down.
Anything majorly wrong with it?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
I should imagine that you are correct - either a fault on the DVT or on 90012 its self and that the leading (down) loco was acting as a Thunderbird.

Wish I knew and I would have been at Norwich to picture it arriving as it has been an age since we saw a Cl90 on the stops here!

455driver

Veteran Member
Could be anything ranging from a TDM fault to a transformer fault and anything in between.

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
It may have been 90013 on the frond (down end) as it was named yesterday at Ipswich may have been free to perform as the Thunderbird, but I don't know what it done after the naming. It would make sense as the naming finished at 1200 so it could have easily got into London.

Status
Not open for further replies.