• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Is it worth buying a CIV ticket for a Eurostar departure the next morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

_toommm_

Established Member
On Monday 23/01, I'll be travelling on the 06:16 from St Pancras to Amsterdam, but I'll be coming down from Leeds the night before and staying overnight. Would people who have travelled on Eurostar before recommend me getting a ticket to London International CIV (or whatever it's called) incase the ECML goes wrong the night before, or stick with a regular advance?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
On Monday 23/01, I'll be travelling on the 06:16 from St Pancras to Amsterdam, but I'll be coming down from Leeds the night before and staying overnight. Would people who have travelled on Eurostar before recommend me getting a ticket to London International CIV (or whatever it's called) incase the ECML goes wrong the night before, or stick with a regular advance?
A CIV Advance rarely costs any extra, so you might as well buy one. That being said, I'm unconvinced that it provides any legal protection against missed connections - that would likely be down to your travel insurance.

If you're planning on paying for a hotel anyway, I don't think that it provides a particularly valuable protection, so if it does cost more, I wouldn't be too worried about getting a normal ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.