• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

is there such a thing as delayed departure compensation

Status
Not open for further replies.

hi2u_uk

Journey Details
7 December 2018
Crawley to East Croydon at 19:38
Decision: Declined
We have checked the journey you have claimed for and our records show that the delay was 12 minutes. This is below the minimum threshold that entitles you to Delay Repay compensation. We used the following information to calculate your delay: The intended leg from 19:38 CRAWLEY, scheduled to arrive at EAST CROYDON at 20:15 could not be taken because the train was cancelled. The alternative leg from 20:01 CRAWLEY left on time, scheduled to arrive at EAST CROYDON at 20:25, arrived 2 minutes late. Total journey delay: 12 minutes.

Considering i arrived at the station at around 1930 and had to wait 30 minutes for the rain instead of about 10 minutes i'm a bit annoyed that there im not eligible for delay repay compensation . is there such a thing as delayed departure compensation ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
Journey Details
7 December 2018
Crawley to East Croydon at 19:38
Decision: Declined
We have checked the journey you have claimed for and our records show that the delay was 12 minutes. This is below the minimum threshold that entitles you to Delay Repay compensation. We used the following information to calculate your delay: The intended leg from 19:38 CRAWLEY, scheduled to arrive at EAST CROYDON at 20:15 could not be taken because the train was cancelled. The alternative leg from 20:01 CRAWLEY left on time, scheduled to arrive at EAST CROYDON at 20:25, arrived 2 minutes late. Total journey delay: 12 minutes.

Considering i arrived at the station at around 1930 and had to wait 30 minutes for the rain instead of about 10 minutes i'm a bit annoyed that there im not eligible for delay repay compensation . is there such a thing as delayed departure compensation ?
No, unfortunately not. All delay compensation schemes compensate on the delay in arriving at your destination, not departing your origin.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
no.

You can either:
- choose not to use the ticket, and claim a refund on the unused ticket ; or
- hope the next available train arrives at least 15min later than your originally booked arrival time

If you arrive 12 minutes late no Delay Repay compensation is due. In fact you're lucky to be able to claim for a 15min delay with GTR; most TOCs pay out after 30min.

Blinkbonny

I really wish there was. I like riding on trains, i don't like waiting at stations. <(

Haywain

Veteran Member
That's not what I was responding to. If you read the quote in my post, I was responding to the question of whether the OP was delayed by 15 minutes or more. The OP was delayed by 23 minutes getting on a train, but only 12 minutes getting off. So what is the definition of a delay, as the post I was quoting says that Delay Repay is based on what actually happened, and not the time you arrive at your destination.
It doesn't say that. I suggest you read it again, taking care to omit the word you have chosen to add.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
That's not what I was responding to. If you read the quote in my post, I was responding to the question of whether the OP was delayed by 15 minutes or more. The OP was delayed by 23 minutes getting on a train, but only 12 minutes getting off. So what is the definition of a delay, as the post I was quoting says that Delay Repay is based on what actually happened, and not the time you arrive at your destination.
That is not what the post says.

It says it is based on what happened. It did not say the last part; you added that.

Delay Repay is based on the actual arrival time into the destination.

Surreytraveller

On Moderation
Apologies for misrepresenting what was written. It wasn't done on purpose - I genuinely misread it

Status
Not open for further replies.