• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Junior Driver - DB Cargo - Disillusioned..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tz55uk

Dear All,
I have been sitting in a Talent Pool for this role now since 28th September 2018. Any amount of chasing with HR seems to yield the same response.

Now i know the Railway Industry is unlike many other - but having attended Doncaster as a participant for the Second Stage Assessment & then a year later, with few updates - I'm disappointed.

Just curious if anyone is in a similar position ?

*Thread Amended*
Hi mate I think we was same assessment and I also passed everything and waited , hang in there as I was called for dmi a few weeks ago and was successful, and now in the pool waiting for medical, IV spoke to hr and they are very busy sorting up north and south before anything else

a.james

Hi mate I think we was same assessment and I also passed everything and waited , hang in there as I was called for dmi a few weeks ago and was successful, and now in the pool waiting for medical, IV spoke to hr and they are very busy sorting up north and south before anything else

Hi there

which depot was your position for? I had my interview first week in October and still waiting to hear anything.

steve1981

I also was told I had a job via phone call,went for medical 2 weeks ago and not heard anything since,hopefully will get contract from gbrf this week so either way I should be offered something soon I hope

Tz55uk

I was west midlands but IV also been added to east Midlands as I live in the middle

C001

I’m starting second week in December .. quite a few of us have had start dates ... I did get asked for the course in November but I can’t make that one so I’ve been offered to start my drivers course in December . Took 6 months from day I applied to the day I start .

Tz55uk

Yes you a different area though, some areas are moving faster than others , congrats on start date,

C001

If dB went under the trains still need to run .. contract goes to government and then gets tendered off again ... so jobs safe .. it’s a key for the train and a European driving license.. too many scaremongers here .

anglian96

If dB went under the trains still need to run .. contract goes to government and then gets tendered off again ... so jobs safe .. it’s a key for the train and a European driving license.. too many scaremongers here .
Totally agree. I'm a driver at DB and the jobs spot on. As you say if db went under the work still needs to be fulfilled meaning we'd just get tupeed over lol.

C001

Totally agree. I'm a driver at DB and the jobs spot on. As you say if db went under the work still needs to be fulfilled meaning we'd just get tupeed over lol.

Yeah I got family at dB too ... at didcot .. and I’m just about to start at kingmoor Cumbria ... I know how the railway works.. there are contracts to be seen through so worst that can happen is for there to be tupe. It’s when your higher up the food chain that you have to worry ... front lines staff that make trains move are fine .

Red1980

Yeah I got family at dB too ... at didcot .. and I’m just about to start at kingmoor Cumbria ... I know how the railway works.. there are contracts to be seen through so worst that can happen is for there to be tupe. It’s when your higher up the food chain that you have to worry ... front lines staff that make trains move are fine .

Some truth in that but not always...... Some of the front line staff for EWS back in 2007 ISH may well disagree.

That's why there were no trainee driving vacancies for 12 months plus....ASLEF had to get freight drivers back into work and rightly so.

Eccles1983

On Moderation

I'm not sure any of that's correct.

If a freight company goes under the government won't bail it out - as another freight company could pick up the contract. It's not TUPE then, you either accept the new conditions or you are on your way.

TOC's are covered by the government as the uproar if trains failed to run would be enormous. Would the public know or even care if one FOC went under?

It's a dog eat dog sector.

saracen

That is not true

Status
Not open for further replies.