• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Kent High Speed Coming Soon to Train Sim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bungle73

On Moderation
They included the submarine! :D
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I see they've fixed the problem of rain in stations on this route. :)

Faster loading times too.

Last edited:

ModernRailways

Established Member
They included the submarine! :D
I see they've fixed the problem of rain in stations on this route. :)

Faster loading times too.

There is a occlusion asset which now blocks out rain etc.
It will be quick in loading because it doesn't use the stupidly large kuju folder

Bungle73

On Moderation
There is a occlusion asset which now blocks out rain etc.
It will be quick in loading because it doesn't use the stupidly large kuju folder

Ah. :)

St. Pancras isn't quite right. Of course it's never going to look exactly the same, but I'd have thought they'd put a little more effort into the concourse end of the SET platforms.

jnjkerbin

chris89:1376733 said:
It is a good route. That is a fair thing to do, especially if not massively interested in Modern stuff. Port Road though should be released soon i believe.

Chris

Actually, I'm more intrested in modern railways then steam but my reason for not buying it yet is that I'm more into real railways than virtual railways!

GatwickDepress

Established Member
Breaking news! It's out tomorrow! :grin:

It's a bit dark to see it properly though.
Must be my iPad. :)

screenshot_5.png

Looks far better than the Class 377's passenger view. Now that was something straight out of MSTS! :D

Goldfish62

Established Member
very enjoyable simulation - the characteristic roar on the high speed line has been captured extremely well, together with the sense of speed.

Major error with the speed restrictions on the approach to St Pancras, though. They are in mph, but should be in kph with while numbers on a black background with a red border to the sign. Also I'm sure the limit as soon as leaving the tunnel is 40kph/25mph, not 40mph as in the simulation.

ModernRailways

Established Member
very enjoyable simulation - the characteristic roar on the high speed line has been captured extremely well, together with the sense of speed.

Major error with the speed restrictions on the approach to St Pancras, though. They are in mph, but should be in kph with while numbers on a black background with a red border to the sign. Also I'm sure the limit as soon as leaving the tunnel is 40kph/25mph, not 40mph as in the simulation.

Maybe that's what they meant, but did something wrong? I think an email should be sent to their support, so at least they can correct it if it is wrong!

chris89

Established Member

I believe it could be down to limitations at the moment in the game, not to display different measurements of speed/ via the signs.

umontu

Question is, how long till we get 373's or e320's? (Had I the time I'd make them myself.)
I've already tried the ICE3 out on the route, but the lack of TVM430 makes it a little removed.

All in all, it's not bad! I like it, wish St.P was in better quality but heyho!

jon91

You'd hope that RSC would extend the route but so far the only routes in RSC's catalogue that have seen extension have been those by third parties, such as Thomson Interactive (now a part of RSC iirc) and Keith Ross - which doesn't bode well for any extension of this route.

Nice route regardless, I'm now off to take a 4VEP for a spin... :D

Bungle73

On Moderation
How come RSC are claiming the 395 models don't have the "Javelin" logo because it has been "removed" from the trains, when, in fact, as anyone who travels on them regularly (like me) knows it has not? And, in fact, SET are still using the name "Javelin" in their publicity: http://www.southeasternrailway.co.u...med-after-paralympic-great-dame-sarah-storey/

Did SET want another load of dough for use of the logo or what?

chris89

Established Member
How come RSC are claiming the 395 models don't have the "Javelin" logo because it has been "removed" from the trains, when, in fact, as anyone who travels on them regularly (like me) knows it has not? And, in fact, SET are still using the name "Javelin" in their publicity: http://www.southeasternrailway.co.u...med-after-paralympic-great-dame-sarah-storey/

Did SET want another load of dough for use of the logo or what?

Thats all i can imagine they wanted a lot for the logo, but they do have the branding which is one thing, which some addon's don't have.

For the Javelin logo if you haven't got it, it is Available here.

http://www.uktrainsim.com/filelib-info.php?form_fileid=30616

Chris

ModernRailways

Established Member
From what I remember ths Javelin logo is allowed to be used as that was done for the Olympics as South Eastern weren't allowed branding since they never paid to advertise which was the main reason to add Javelin. It must be noted that not every unit has it or at least last Wednesday mine didn't have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.