• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Kuju rail simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

networkrail1

Hi everyone.

I need some help from the masters.

I currently have the original kuju rail simulator (i believe this is now called railworks).

I want to download some add on's namely doncaster works and class 158 however on the steam client it says (next to buy it) that i need railworks 2 installed to run the add on.

Does this mean that if i buy the add on it wont run with the original kuju rail simulator.

I look forward to your replies.

Thank you for your time.

All the best.

Simon

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tonyderidem

Hi everyone.

I need some help from the masters.

I currently have the original kuju rail simulator (i believe this is now called railworks).

I want to download some add on's namely doncaster works and class 158 however on the steam client it says (next to buy it) that i need railworks 2 installed to run the add on.

Does this mean that if i buy the add on it wont run with the original kuju rail simulator.

I look forward to your replies.

Thank you for your time.

All the best.

Simon
great shame .rail simulator was class stuff b4.rw and rw2 was wrecked by steam.i wish i had my old copy of rail simulator..ande no.they wont work.

HST Power

Established Member
Rail Simulator is no longer supported, so if you buy it now you'll automatically be upgraded to RW2 via Steam. Steam is a bit fiddly, so I think it is best if you download before buying the game.

networkrail1

Hi all.

Thank you for all your replies, i already have kuju rail simulator in disc format.

I have now downloaded steam and railworks 2 aswell as the class 158,37,31,02 and doncaster works add ons.

Would anyone happen to know why ,when i go into editor mode, i cannot put the class 158 on the bath line in free roam yet i can do a scenario with it on the route.

Also i have downloaded the upgrade to the class 37 yet i cannot find it to put it onto the track, i have run a scenario with it but that's all i can do, also the horn is pretty short on it.

Has anyone got any ideas or a bit of help please.

All the best.

Simon

Darandio

Established Member
You have to check the relevant developer box to put them in the route yourself.

When in the editor and placing stock, on the middle left menu there is a blue cube with an orange arrow called the "Object Set Filter". Click on this and the right hand flyout will appear. This lists all of your acquired stock.

For the 158, navigate to S9BL and tick the "Class158Pack" box.
For the 37 pack, navigate to RSC and tick the "Class37Pack01" box.

They will now be featured in your stock lists.

networkrail1

Thank you very much that was extreamly helpfull.

Just one last question on the harborough north route once you are in the station (again on free roam ) the point work at the crossover going back towards the depot will not set.

I have been on map and used shift and left click, the points move but then move back again ive even ran a loco up to them and pressed G but the same thing happens, which means i either have to run up to them then reverse into the yard then come back out and use the first set of points to get the right route or continue straight on wrong road till i can get back onto the right road anyone have any ideas whats going on.

All the best.

Simon

Crossover

Established Member
You have to check the relevant developer box to put them in the route yourself.

When in the editor and placing stock, on the middle left menu there is a blue cube with an orange arrow called the "Object Set Filter". Click on this and the right hand flyout will appear. This lists all of your acquired stock.

For the 158, navigate to S9BL and tick the "Class158Pack" box.
For the 37 pack, navigate to RSC and tick the "Class37Pack01" box.

They will now be featured in your stock lists.

Thank you very much for this advice Darandio - been trying to work out for ages how to create new scenarios and "different" stock to it - finally got the Test Trak with two Pendolinos coupled...woohoo!!!

Quick question, as it doesn't seem worth starting a new thread for - is there any way out of scenario editor as I usually end up crashing out of the program! I've found with doing the above scenario that because I had a playable scenario, I was able to play it, which, on exiting, took me back to the main RW2 title screen, but I have yet to find a clean way out of the scenario editor when the scenario is not playable. Hope this makes sense :)

LucaZone

Hiya,

With regard to getting new stock into new scenarios, be sure to check the manuals that come with each purchase. They can be found by going to the Tools & Docs tab and then opening the Manuals Folder.

Some exciting nuggets of information are held in the manuals. :)

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.