• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lancaster [LAN] - Hatfield [HAT] Not via London Y-P return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gathursty

Established Member
For a friend:

Going on a Friday, returning on a Monday this month.

Leaving about 7 in the morning, coming back about midday.

I said try to go through Manchester, Sheffield and Retford then straight down or try Crewe, Uttoxeter and Grantham to avoid the via London prices.

They're not fussed about time, just want to keep costs down. They have a 16-25 railcard.

Thanks in advance. :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

philjo

Established Member
If you put "via Skipton" into the journey planner on the East Coast site:

07:10 from Lancaster.
change at leeds (9 minute connection) and change again at Stevenage.
arrive Hatfield at 11:24

It will let you book an off-peak return for £54.90

There may be some advance fares to Stevenage but not to Hatfield from Lancaster via Leeds.

Return journey takes longer though due to a long wait at Leeds for the Lancaster/Morecambe train.

Or just book a return Lancaster to Leeds (anytime return with railcard is £17.30) then book advance singles Leeds to Hatfield (& return) changing either at Stevenage or Peterborough depending which EC service you use - Stevenage would be better as it is every 30 minutes from there to Hatfield

You could return using the Blackpool train from Leeds & change at Preston

Last edited:

Gathursty

Established Member
Ah, of course! To think I was on that line last week and it never occured to me.

Makes things more simple. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.