• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lancaster to Crewe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammy h

Evening chaps,

Me and a few mates are going to the Morecambe vs Crewe game on January 2nd and was wondering what the best fare was? I'm sure we got it via Manc
Pic last year and it made it cheaper.

Going am, probably the 9:57 or the 10:57 and returning anytime after 17:00.

Some of us have 16-25 rail cards and some do not so both prices would be helpful.

Thanks in advance guys.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lampshade

Established Member
Lancaster - Manchester or Stockport :)

LAN - MAN CDR @ £14.80 / £9.75 with Y/P

LAN - SPT CDR @ £17.20 / £11.35 with Y/P

All Line Rover

Established Member
I would strongly recommend Lancaster to Wilmslow - £23.70 for a CDR. Or alternatively Lancaster to Manchester Airport - £18.20 for a CDR - which looks slightly reasonable.

scrapy

Established Member
I would strongly recommend Lancaster to Wilmslow - £23.70 for a CDR. Or alternatively Lancaster to Manchester Airport - £18.20 for a CDR - which looks slightly reasonable.

Why? when Lancaster to Manchester is perfectly valid via Crewe.

All Line Rover

Established Member
Why? when Lancaster to Manchester is perfectly valid via Crewe.

It is perfectly "valid," but is a clear loophole. It is unlikely to be accepted by the guard if there is a ticket inspection, and will be reported to ATOC so that the Routeing Guide gets amended.

snail

Established Member
Or alternatively Lancaster to Manchester Airport - £18.20 for a CDR - which looks slightly reasonable.
How is that any more reasonable than other options? There are direct trains from Lancaster and Preston to Manchester Airport, so no one has any real cause to go via Crewe.

All Line Rover

Established Member
How is that any more reasonable than other options? There are direct trains from Lancaster and Preston to Manchester Airport, so no one has any real cause to go via Crewe.

I did say slightly reasonable.

Lancaster to Wilmslow looks (and is) completely valid via Crewe (the others do not) which is why I suggest this ticket to avoid any hassle.

headshot119

Established Member
I did say slightly reasonable.

Lancaster to Wilmslow looks (and is) completely valid via Crewe (the others do not) which is why I suggest this ticket to avoid any hassle.

Your implying there that the other tickets are not valid via Crewe, which they are.

All Line Rover

Established Member
Your implying there that the other tickets are not valid via Crewe, which they are.

They are valid via Crewe, but do not look reasonable on such a route and I doubt that they are intended to be valid via Crewe. It is difficult to get the journey planners to issue reservations via Crewe, and these tickets are unlikely to be accepted by the guard (most of the time, anyway ;)).

Sammy h

Thanks for your help guys. Still unsure which ones to get. I will let my mates know the info anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.