• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lancaster to Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammy h

Afternoon folks,

Going away for a friends 21st at the end of this month to Newcastle. I was wondering if someone could advise me the best/cheapest route and ticket to buy.

Going on the Friday 30th September and coming back on Sunday 2nd October. No rail cards etc. Thanks Sam

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

All Line Rover

Established Member
Buying 2 Advance tickets between Lancaster and Carlisle (£15 return) and a Carlisle to Newcastle CDR (£15.30) brings the cost down to £30.30 return (instead of £41.80). I don't know if any good splits exist between Carlisle and Newcastle.

lemonic

Buying 2 Advance tickets between Lancaster and Carlisle (£15 return) and a Carlisle to Newcastle CDR (£15.30) brings the cost down to £30.30 return (instead of £41.80). I don't know if any good splits exist between Carlisle and Newcastle.

The OP is not returning the same day so they would need an SOR from Carlisle to Newcastle, for £17 return (only slightly more than £15.30 though)

Status
Not open for further replies.