• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Late correction of journey planner

Status
Not open for further replies.

DelW

Established Member
Next Sunday (5th March), there was engineering work planned on the South Western main line at Surbiton. On the NR website this work has been shown as cancelled for over a week now, but with less than a week to go, the Journey Planner (and websites based on NR data like RTT) is STILL showing all trains running via Staines and taking half an hour longer than normal.

The notice (as copied below) has been saying "Please check back nearer the time of travel", but just how long are passengers supposed to wait before getting reliable information? Anyone buying advance tickets, or tickets with reservations, will be getting completely incorrect timings for their journey. I know that timetables being finalised 12 weeks ahead (as they're meant to be) was abandoned ages ago, but how is completely wrong information being on the OJP *less than a week ahead* supposed to be acceptable?

CANCELLED: Engineering work in the Surbiton area on Saturday 4 and Sunday 5 March More information on CANCELLED: Engineering work in the Surbiton area on Saturday 4 and Sunday 5 March collapse CANCELLED: Engineering work in the Surbiton area on Saturday 4 and Sunday 5 March panel
Start date04/03/2023End date05/03/2023Route affected
All South Western Railway routes via Surbiton
Train operator affectedSouth Western RailwayDescription
Engineering work scheduled to take place between London Waterloo and Byfleet & New Haw / Norbiton / Epsom / Effingham Junction, has been cancelled, and will not take place.
Trains will run as normal in the Surbiton area.
Check before you travel:
The Journey Planner has not yet been amended to reflect the cancellation of the engineering work. Please check back nearer the time of travel

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

I13

Next Sunday (5th March), there was engineering work planned on the South Western main line at Surbiton. On the NR website this work has been shown as cancelled for over a week now, but with less than a week to go, the Journey Planner (and websites based on NR data like RTT) is STILL showing all trains running via Staines and taking half an hour longer than normal.

The notice (as copied below) has been saying "Please check back nearer the time of travel", but just how long are passengers supposed to wait before getting reliable information? Anyone buying advance tickets, or tickets with reservations, will be getting completely incorrect timings for their journey. I know that timetables being finalised 12 weeks ahead (as they're meant to be) was abandoned ages ago, but how is completely wrong information being on the OJP *less than a week ahead* supposed to be acceptable?

CANCELLED: Engineering work in the Surbiton area on Saturday 4 and Sunday 5 March More information on CANCELLED: Engineering work in the Surbiton area on Saturday 4 and Sunday 5 March collapse CANCELLED: Engineering work in the Surbiton area on Saturday 4 and Sunday 5 March panel
Start date04/03/2023End date05/03/2023Route affected
All South Western Railway routes via Surbiton
Train operator affectedSouth Western RailwayDescription
Engineering work scheduled to take place between London Waterloo and Byfleet & New Haw / Norbiton / Epsom / Effingham Junction, has been cancelled, and will not take place.
Trains will run as normal in the Surbiton area.
Check before you travel:
The Journey Planner has not yet been amended to reflect the cancellation of the engineering work. Please check back nearer the time of travel
I think the information on National Rail is incorrect - the engineering work has only been cancelled on the Saturday, not the Sunday. The SWR website is correct.

DelW

Established Member
I think the information on National Rail is incorrect - the engineering work has only been cancelled on the Saturday, not the Sunday. The SWR website is correct.
That will be somewhat annoying if so, as I'll be travelling on the Sunday morning and was expecting a normal timetable, based on the NR information :(

My point still stands that the confusion is most unhelpful to intending passengers though.

Status
Not open for further replies.