• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Later West Midlands Trains from London Euston

Status
Not open for further replies.

baz2277

Hi All,

I'm sure i've seen West Midlands Trains or London North Western advertising new later trains from London, but looking online I can't find which these new services are.

The latest I can see back to Tamworth/Lichfield/Burton areas is a 2200 from Euston. Is there anything later? I think it's a shame there's nothing around 11pm, which would allow an evening in London perhaps at a show/gig then come back home, saving the cost of hotels etc.

Cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Silverlinky

Hi All,

I'm sure i've seen West Midlands Trains or London North Western advertising new later trains from London, but looking online I can't find which these new services are.

The latest I can see back to Tamworth/Lichfield/Burton areas is a 2200 from Euston. Is there anything later? I think it's a shame there's nothing around 11pm, which would allow an evening in London perhaps at a show/gig then come back home, saving the cost of hotels etc.

Cheers

Didn't the last one used to be the 2046 or 2049 which ran via Northampton? Or was it 2113? IT certainly wasn't as late as 2200

sufian123

2046 and 2049 were both crewe trains 46 via trent, 49 via brum

In December 2016 change 2046 Crewe via Trent valley was added. and 2049 Crewe via Northampton and Birmingham was added.

Otherwise before that was 2049 Crewe via Northampton and Trent valley.

xydancer

The new later train advertised by LNR is their 2149 to Crewe - fast to Rugby then via Nuneaton etc - that was introduced with the May timetable change.

Not sure how representative it was, but the one evening I've used it (last week), it was barely 10% full. Is there the demand, I wonder. Or does it just need time to build? I suspect it's too late for commuters and family days out, too early for most evenings at the theatre. It also runs just ahead of VT's long-standing 2200 and its similar stops.

sd0733

Established Member
The new later train advertised by LNR is their 2149 to Crewe - fast to Rugby then via Nuneaton etc - that was introduced with the May timetable change.

Not sure how representative it was, but the one evening I've used it (last week), it was barely 10% full. Is there the demand, I wonder. Or does it just need time to build? I suspect it's too late for commuters and family days out, too early for most evenings at the theatre. It also runs just ahead of VT's long-standing 2200 and its similar stops.

Yes that 2149 is dead.i had it 4 car instead of 8 and still almost empty.
Strangely most are heading to North Wales changing at Stafford onto the TfW holyhead

baz2277

Thanks for your replies..so pretty much nothing after 10pm - that's a shame!!

Established Member
Yes that 2149 is dead.i had it 4 car instead of 8 and still almost empty.
Strangely most are heading to North Wales changing at Stafford onto the TfW holyhead
Done that train twice.

Once on a Tuesday (IIRC) where 3 of us had a private carriage for the full journey at the front.

Second time was a Friday night and it was short formed. Around 75% of seats taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.