• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lea Green new station and car park - any news on progress

DJH1971

Established Member
Anyone know what is happening with the new station building and car park at Lea Green station on Merseyside?

It appears progress over the last few weeks has come to a standstill.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

urbophile

Established Member
I went through there today. It looks a fairly new station already:what is being planned?

I live 10 minutes away from the station and every time I go past it never looks like its going to be finished. The opening of the the ticket office has been delayed so many times due to something or other.

DJH1971

Established Member
Got off a few days at Lea Green and the new 'Metro' style branding for the station is up as well as the PIS displays that are now functioning.

Only question is now, when will the new ticket office and car park open?

The work now appears to be effectively completed, so surely it can't be far away.

danbarjon

I must say today was an absolute s**tshow at Lea Green, they've put a wall up meaning people can't get to the car park anymore. I had to walk with a woman and her children in a bike lane to walk around the car park. Most of the roads around the station are closed but yet no structural changes are taking place as it's practically done so family couldn't pick me up so I was on the first train back to Liverpool as it was pathetic... I mean if your going to fill in a temporary entrance to the car back at least have a plan for another entrance or better yet open the station outdoor area and finish the work on the building so people can still get to the car park without the very long walk...