• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Leeds - Shipley Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASharpe

I will soon start commuting from Shipley to Leeds and wanted to check on my ticket options.

I don't think I need bus travel so was going to get a Shipley to Leeds season.

Would this ticket be ok for travel into Bradford also or should I get a season to New Pudsey for the same price which I think is valid via Leeds?

Also would the ticket be valid to Guisley and Baildon?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
I'd say get one from Frizinghall.

Valid both ways most definitely.

Can't say about routing via Guiseley as I can't check atm.

ASharpe

That's probably a better idea, more likely to work the barriers at Leeds. My recent New Pudsey tickets and excess coupons didn't.

Veteran Member

Or Bradford. The fares are the same from everywhere in Metro Zone 3 by the look of it, but I don't know what the implications for routing are.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
There are no mapped routes (common routeing point rule)

Shipley to Leeds via Bradford is 12.34 miles; this is within 3 miles of the shortest route (which is 10.72 miles direct) so is valid.

Shipley to Leeds via Guiseley is 14.80 miles, this is not within 3 miles, so is not valid.

If you want validity via Guiseley, for a little bit extra you can get a Guiseley to New Pudsey; indisputably valid via Shipley & Bradford, as well as via Leeds.

However the validity between Shipley and Kirkstall Forge (or, to be precise, the junction just after Apperley Bridge), despite clearly being valid at both locations, may be called into question, see http://www.railforums.co.uk/showpost.php?p=2983792&postcount=4 for background information (the thread discusses Leeds to Ikley via Shipley but the principle is the same); historically the relevant train companies and transport authorities have deemed it valid, and reasonable, to travel this way, however the additional mileage means that it is not technically valid according to the current routeing guide implementation.

Last edited:

Veteran Member
If you want validity via Guiseley, for a little bit extra you can get a Guiseley to New Pudsey; indisputably valid via Shipley & Bradford, as well as via Leeds

The pricing structure is quite peculiar. Said ticket is £25.50, Shipley-Leeds is £25.30, Shipley-East Garforth £25.40... at which point I gave up.

Status
Not open for further replies.