• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Leeds Station one way system returns

Status
Not open for further replies.

_toommm_

Established Member
Quite the opposite of an improvement, but I noticed the return of a one-way system whilst I was getting the 07:40 to Peterborough this morning. Platforms 12-15 have two staircases down to them. You now have to take the staircase nearer to the Platform 16 staircase if you want to go down, and the one on Platform 12 if you want to go up. This is being enforced by an agency worker too.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

northernchris

Established Member
I noticed this a few days ago, but hoped it was to manage the crowds as there's more services using those platforms due to the engineering works.

seagull

Just think of all the lives it will save...

:rolleyes:

(It often makes things worse as when a sudden rush happens, as it does on a train arrival, people only have half the space in which to walk, so bunch up more closely together.)

Andyh82

Established Member
Due to Covid or due to half the station being closed for engineering works?

NorthKent1989

Established Member
From London to the rest of the country :D

Don’t forget after last night it’ll travel back from Shrewsbury, Chester and Bristol to Wales and from Carlisle and Newcastle back to Scotland ;)

_toommm_

Established Member
Due to Covid or due to half the station being closed for engineering works?

I’m hoping it is the latter. If they go back to the nonsensical full station one again, it absolutely wrecks the ten-minute connection time at peak hours.

skyhigh

Established Member
I noticed this a few days ago, but hoped it was to manage the crowds as there's more services using those platforms due to the engineering works.
It is 100% this. You should see what it's like when a full LNER ex-London arrives on one of those platforms. It's nothing at all to do with covid and will be removed once the works have finished. It's solely a safety measure.

Status
Not open for further replies.