• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Level 3 Operations Apprenticeship - NR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desirolly

Hello all, I'm currently studying my A levels ( Economics, Geography, Politics), and I have come across this Operations level 3 apprenticeship and I have a few questions.

I presume this is essentially building you up for the role as Mobile operations manager, which I have a good understanding of as my Grandad used to work a similar role, but I am wondering as to whether someone of my age would even me considered. I understand it is a very sought after role, and it would be good to know if anyone has gone through this pathway? I will be 19 years old when I apply, with 3 years of work history including around a year of rail agency work with Ontrak. Will someone of my age be deemed not experienced enough off the bat? The minimum age is 18, but I am guessing that NR would probably reject candidates over age? Is that correct?

Many thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Have you got a link? Apprenticeships are normally geared towards young people so as long as you meet the requirements in the job description, no harm in applying!

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
I’d go for it! Bound to be competitive but if you don’t put your hat in the ring you definitely won’t be successful.

Desirolly

Yeah, I will when it comes around! In regard to MOMs, when there is no disruption are they 'on patrol' or do they stay at the base? That was the other question I had.

Oldnewbie

Read the advert.... First thing it says is "you're 18 or older! o_O;)

Go for it and good luck! :)

potentially

I'm in a similar situation regarding age and have come to the conclusion if they wanted someone older they would have put "applicants must be over 21" in the job description so go for it.

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Yeah, I will when it comes around! In regard to MOMs, when there is no disruption are they 'on patrol' or do they stay at the base? That was the other question I had.

Not an expert, but pretty sure they stay "on base" or do routine visits around their patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.