• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Light Class 47 through Piccadilly yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Snap

Established Member
Hi all

I was working on platform 14 at Manchester Picc yesterday for about an hour between 11am and 12pm ish.

A 47 running light from Ardwick direction towards Oxford Road rattled through, it was two tone green and drivers have Colas jackets on. I think it was a 47/8 but can’t be certain.

Can’t for the life of me find it on Real Time Trains…

Any ideas what this working was?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ExRes

Established Member
Freightliners 47830 passed through MP at 1204 working 1048 002Z Crewe Basford Hall SSM to Trafford Park FLT

Bovverboy

Established Member
The OP has his dates wrong. It was Thursday (27/1/22) when 47830 passed through Piccadilly. Presumably why he couldn't find it on 'Realtime Trains'.

Last edited:

ExRes

Established Member
The OP has his dates wrong. It was Thursday (27/1/22) when 47830 passed through Piccadilly. Presumably why he couldn't find it on 'Realtime Trains'.

It may well have run on more than one day, there is photographic evidence on Flickr that it ran on Wednesday

Bovverboy

Established Member
The only photographic evidence I can find on Flickr is of it having run on 11 July 2019.

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
The only photographic evidence I can find on Flickr is of it having run on 11 July 2019.
It definitely ran on Thursday. I saw it!

Status
Not open for further replies.