• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Light engine moves, Crewe to Craven Arms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are now into the third week of Freightliner light engine moves between Crewe and Craven Arms (both directions). They occur three or four times each weekday, on up to four days a week. I have seen them four times, and it seems to be a different loco each time. I wonder if anyone can shed any light on this?
Thanks to anyone for information.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Signal_Box

Driver route learning in connection with forthcoming engineering works or driver training runs.

Shrop

On Moderation
We are now into the third week of Freightliner light engine moves between Crewe and Craven Arms (both directions). They occur three or four times each weekday, on up to four days a week. I have seen them four times, and it seems to be a different loco each time. I wonder if anyone can shed any light on this?
Thanks to anyone for information.
When I was at school next to the Cardiff line out of Shrewsbury in the early 1970s, there was a test train that ran most days from Crewe to Church Stretton. This was a big source of excitement to us lads at school as the traction was often unpredictable. Those were the days, when there was a signal box and a siding at Church Stretton for turning the trains around, and of course the uphill bank from Shrewsbury to Church Stretton made a good test for the ex works locos!

37078xotTE

Established Member
When I was at school next to the Cardiff line out of Shrewsbury in the early 1970s, there was a test train that ran most days from Crewe to Church Stretton. This was a big source of excitement to us lads at school as the traction was often unpredictable. Those were the days, when there was a signal box and a siding at Church Stretton for turning the trains around, and of course the uphill bank from Shrewsbury to Church Stretton made a good test for the ex works locos!
Wakeman School?

Status
Not open for further replies.