• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lima HST Power Cars Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

will1337

I recently bought a set of two Lima HST power cars second hand which are the first models I've bought and they are intended to be static for the time being with a few carriages.

There is a dummy PC and a functional one and they are both in Intercity Executive livery, both of them are numbered 43126 however. When I looked up the model on the internet all I could find was a set of 43125 and 43126 one dummy, one functional which were only made in 1985. I'm wondering if they are from two different sets and one has had the motor removed or whether them sharing the same number is intentional or not.

If you search on this page for 43126 there's a picture of what they look like: http://www.modelfair.com/acatalog/Lima_00_Gauge_Locomotives_.html

If anyone has any info on them or knows of any good internet resources I'd be most pleased. Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
I wonder if the unpowered one has had the shell replaced with one from a powered one.

If you're willing to take the shells off them, then you can compare the two to see if the chassis are the same, in which case your theory of having the motor taken out is correct, although I reckon it's probably the first suggestion, unless one of the bogies has the cogs visible from having previously had a motor, because I would guess that the motorised bogies and the unpowered ones will be attached differently to the chassis.
This is only going on what I can remember of the models I have, as I've never had a model HST.

will1337

As far as I could see the shells appeared to be identical. The powered one has a weight in whereas the unpowered one doesn't and the unpowered one also has "normal" bogies.

will1337

Ah, not surprising. Thanks. Wondering which coaches to give it as it's not going for 100% historical accuracy, it's a Western Region HST though. Shame that Executive Livery didn't make it to privatisation, it'd have not been much over 10 years old then.

Heinz57

Hornby do Mk3s in InterCity Executive livery.

Mk3 open, Mk3 1st, Mk3 buffet and Mk3 TGS

The RRP for these are around £19.99 (Pricey but these are obviously first hand goods, plus they are the new 'detailed' ones)

For a lower price try Gee Dee or Hattons

If you arn't fussed about them being first hand you could also try ebay.

Remember though, there has been a change in length in the Mk3s, the Hornby ones from 2003/2004 onwards are slightly longer than those before the date (closer to scale now I belive)

Have a look around, all the coaches are avalible to create a full 2+8 set. As far as I know the InterCity Exec's from Hornby arn't marked (Coach A, B, C etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.