• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Livery variations & full fleet details - East Midlands Trains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

WillPS

Established Member
So how long does it take for Delta Rail to release a Sprinter, from the time it is handed over to them? Will future changeovers be more seamless (as in, 158785 leaves one day and the next unit due for refurbishment enters a day or two later)?

P156KWJ

Established Member
hopefully, but bear in mind of the short amount of units they ahve, as them being in service is probably more important.

John_158

I don't know how long it was between 783 coming out and 785 going in but 783 did have to go Back to Delta Rail three times before it was in Passenger Service so i would imagine that 785 won't take as long and shouldn't be too long before it is out and about on test.

WillPS

Established Member
I saw a refurbished Express Sprinter coupled to an Alphaline one today in the track between platforms 3 and 4 in Nottingham station today, could it have been 158785?

P156KWJ

Established Member
I saw a refurbished Express Sprinter coupled to an Alphaline one today in the track between platforms 3 and 4 in Nottingham station today, could it have been 158785?

doubtful. Probably 783, it's been in use all the time now the faults ahve been eliminated :)

doubtful. Probably 783, it's been in use all the time now the faults ahve been eliminated :)

Thats good then. Maybe in the end they have done a good job after all the first time troubles have been delt with!
The amount of Liverpool-Norwich trains I've seen cancelled due to "train fault" over the past few days has been shocking, hopefully this will see an end to that!

added 222101 in First Hull Trains livery. Do you reckon it might be renumbered as 222024?

I was thinking that! But I think it will keep the 222101 number. I guess we will find out when it comes out from painting, which should be soon. I have been informed by "Paul" that it is going for painting on Friday on my website.

Why would it be renumbered?

I presume so it follows on from the rest of the EMT fleet. Why was it numbered like that in the first place anyway? There must be a difference internally.

If it is different internally it's going to play hell with seat reservations! Anyone got a seating plan?

MCR247

Established Member
I presume so it follows on from the rest of the EMT fleet. Why was it numbered like that in the first place anyway? There must be a difference internally.

If it is different internally it's going to play hell with seat reservations! Anyone got a seating plan?

But then wouldnt they refurb then at the same time? 222/1s have less seats IIRC because when I went went on one the Standard tables were pretty big! They dont look like they have as much! Also FHT 222/1s have one 1st class coach and EMT ones have 1 & 1/2 1st coaches! Cant wait to see the reservations!

Pumbaa

Established Member
But then wouldnt they refurb then at the same time? 222/1s have less seats IIRC because when I went went on one the Standard tables were pretty big! They dont look like they have as much! Also FHT 222/1s have one 1st class coach and EMT ones have 1 & 1/2 1st coaches! Cant wait to see the reservations!

222/1s have 1 and half FC coaches as well ;)

not really, same idea really, it happened with Fastline 56s, and a couple of TPE's 170s. When trains are refurbished they are sometimes done too (SWT 158s for example)

Are they going to be refurbished though? Or just painted and have a a few other changes such as coach letters before they are put in service?

P156KWJ

Established Member
Are they going to be refurbished though? Or just painted and have a a few other changes such as coach letters before they are put in service?

dunno, it'd make sense to refurbish them first as I'm sure they don't want HT branded stuff on their interiors. Mind, 153302/8 still have First Great Western safety notices at every seat and 158865 has Wessex Trains safety ones and there's a CT 158 knocking about with Wales & Borders ones :lol:

MCR247

Established Member
Will 222/1s only be used for Corby services or any services?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
dunno, it'd make sense to refurbish them first as I'm sure they don't want HT branded stuff on their interiors. Mind, 153302/8 still have First Great Western safety notices at every seat and 158865 has Wessex Trains safety ones and there's a CT 158 knocking about with Wales & Borders ones :lol:

Yeah I was on that one once!

Last edited:

John_158

[153302/8 still have First Great Western safety notices at every seat and 158865 has Wessex Trains safety ones and there's a CT 158 knocking about with Wales & Borders ones :lol:[/QUOTE]

EMT seem to have been putting new safety notices in vehicles recently as I have personal noticed several ex TPE 158s with new safety notices within the interiors but yet they seem to be Central Trains ones that have probably been sitting in a cupboard for some time and they have cut the Central Trains Branding off them.

WillPS

Established Member
153302/8 still have First Great Western safety notices at every seat and 158865 has Wessex Trains safety ones and there's a CT 158 knocking about with Wales & Borders ones :lol:

EMT seem to have been putting new safety notices in vehicles recently as I have personal noticed several ex TPE 158s with new safety notices within the interiors but yet they seem to be Central Trains ones that have probably been sitting in a cupboard for some time and they have cut the Central Trains Branding off them.

The 'big N' exTransPennine Express examples have always had Central Trains safety notices and stuff AFAIK. The only thing they didn't get was a Central Trains livery, something CT appear to give up on midway through their franchise.

Also - could you please leave
tags intact, they really screw up posts otherwise.

WillPS

Established Member
Great to see they're coming out of refurbishment so quickly. Hopefully by the end of the year enough will be done to make sure Norwich - Liverpool is covered by refurb'ed units.

It would be nice to see maybe one of the Pioneers joining the route, allowing for more Sprinters to be strengthened. Probably wishful thinking though.

It would be nice to see maybe one of the Pioneers joining the route, allowing for more Sprinters to be strengthened. Probably wishful thinking though.

I'm sure once the 4 of them arrive they could do one diagram with a 222. Timing issues and speed restrictions would probably stop this from happening though.

Status
Not open for further replies.